Sushi food lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About half the cells in and on your body are not your own. You are an ecosystem :D

Good Sashimi has been frozen to -40° just to kill all those little critters.
Delicious and risk free.

Prefer sashimi rather than rice-filled sushi.

Now that's a real mood breaker. We eat raw salmon when we're in Alaska and BC, although we follow the Japanese sushi rule of freezing it for 3 days first, which supposedly kills any parasites. The worm in the video clip is certainly a gross out.:confused:

Now that's a real mood breaker. We eat raw salmon when we're in Alaska and BC, although we follow the Japanese sushi rule of freezing it for 3 days first, which supposedly kills any parasites. The worm in the video clip is certainly a gross out.:confused:

It is the temp that you freeze it down to that kills the critters, not the 3 days you reference. You need -40. Not many boat freezers go that low.

Its not how long, its how cold the temperature.

Keith, you beat me to it...waiting for the sun and the yardarm...its over!

Why is this in the liveaboard forum?? This is not fair to all the good liveaboard peeps! Haha

Maybe a small shot of diluted vinegar for a few hours, (not to the point of ceviche) then a short soak in fresh water?

Last edited:
:rolleyes: I did not let the news hurt, I love cold smoked salmon, I do not prepare it myself, but I trust no worms ...

are you preparing US meats and fish with a cold smoking method? (Most smoked salmon is cold smoked, typically at 37 °C (99 °F). Cold smoking does not cook the fish, resulting in a delicate texture.)

NBs

As it has been said, Sushi in the USA requires deep freezing, any legit establishment will be safe.....Always more to the details...

Back
Top Bottom