Old 05-15-2020, 09:32 PM   #1

City: san diego
San Diego/SoCal liveaboard groups

Hello,

Was hoping to connect with fellow liveaboards in San Diego or socal. Didínt see any groups on the forums or Facebook.

Me and the wife are liveaboards in Oceanside San Diego. Are newbies to the boatlife and would be nice to have group to pick brains or share tips with as we figure all of this out.

So if from SoCal or San Diego please let me know if willing to connect! Thanks for looking!

r3markabl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:02 AM   #2
Guru

City: Oconto, WI
Vessel Name: Best Alternative
Vessel Model: 36 Albin Aft Cabin
Sure it's nice to belong to a local group but it is much nicer to have a broad base like T.F. We have experts on A/C for hot weather, heaters for cool nights, anchors and anchoring advice from everyone, endless discussions on single vs twin. We have cold weather northern boaters and Australian and New Zealanders for the tropics. We have fishermen, we have liveaboards. We have military and retired folks. We have electronic experts, we have plumbers, we have fiberglass workers, some wooden boaters, even some sailboaters.

We have many "Loopers" we have East Coast, West Coast , PNWs, and Great Lakers. We have river rats and inland lakers. I actually can't think of anything we don't have. Except up to now, we didn't have you...Welcome Aboard.

pete

Pete Meisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:24 AM   #3

City: san diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Meisinger View Post
Sure it's nice to belong to a local group but it is much nicer to have a broad base like T.F. We have experts on A/C for hot weather, heaters for cool nights, anchors and anchoring advice from everyone, endless discussions on single vs twin. We have cold weather northern boaters and Australian and New Zealanders for the tropics. We have fishermen, we have liveaboards. We have military and retired folks. We have electronic experts, we have plumbers, we have fiberglass workers, some wooden boaters, even some sailboaters.

We have many "Loopers" we have East Coast, West Coast , PNWs, and Great Lakers. We have river rats and inland lakers. I actually can't think of anything we don't have. Except up to now, we didn't have you...Welcome Aboard.

pete

Haha nice! I like that! Thank you!
r3markabl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:14 PM   #4
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Welcome to TF. We are full time cruisers. Not much cruising right now. we are river locked on the Columbia River, normally SE Alaska this time of year.
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote