Old 10-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #41
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafterQ View Post
BTW, Nordhavn no longer offers the 35, but now and then you can find one on brokerage or classified sites, but as stated earlier in this thread, I don't think fuel capacity is there for circumnavigation, and I think at best, it's limited to coastal cruising, maybe even island-hopping.

JP in KC
Keep studying, Rafter. The N35 was never meant as a passagemaker. In fact, I think that is the only Nordhavn that was not. It is strongly powered with a semi-planing hull.
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #42

City: Port of Kansas City
Vessel Name: None for now...
Vessel Model: One day, Nordhavn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Keep studying, Rafter. The N35 was never meant as a passagemaker. In fact, I think that is the only Nordhavn that was not. It is strongly powered with a semi-planing hull.
Roger that, Baker, and, thanks for the "Surveyor's Antennae" tale...it was a good 'un.
RafterQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #43

City: CA
The Orcas was a blast!

We stayed in a housekeeping cabin with my Sailor son. We went on a ....wait for it............three hour cruise... around the island chasing Orcas at 18 knots.

I was astounded at how much liquor costs in WA state. I paid $54 for a 1.75 Liter bottle of Johnny Walker Red that I can purchase in CA for $18.
I don't smoke but noticed a pack of Marlboros at Safeway was $9.50. YIKES. Maybe we will move to Oregon instead.

2004 Northern Marine Raised Pilothouse LRC Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

The wife and I walked the marina at Anacortes and found several boats in the 44-50 foot range and in our price range. Sadly they were all very short in the headroom department. We toured them with the broker.

Link pasted weird?
We saw Timberwolf, a gorgeous 60 foot Northern Marine Pilothouse Trawler. Lets just say I dreampt I won the lottery and she was mine.
I just need $800K or so more money and she is mine.
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote