North Pacific 49/52 for live aboard and possible cruising to Belize

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dirtdoc

You may be interested to check out the new DeFever 52 PH that Seattle Yachts has in Seattle. I saw it recently and was quite impressed. It may be sold, but worth a look as an alternative. It may well be a similar price and is a lot more boat and much heavier built.

Last edited:
Hi BandB and Retriever and thanks for the suggestions.

I've heard a lot of people say that once you've experienced a stabilized boat you won't want to go without. Unfortunately I can't afford to put stabilizers in the new NP45 so I will have to wait until I can afford them.

As far as that Defever 50 that Sunchaser so graciously mentioned, I will definitely check it out. I still have to sea-trial the NP45. It will be interesting to see how stable it is. I wish I knew someone with a stabilized boat that I could catch a ride with but I don't. So it's either going to be: buy a stabilized older boat or buy an un-stabilized new NP45 and stabilize it later (if I think it needs it).

I really like having a new boat for the warrantee and if I'm lucky an extended warrantee.

Does anybody want to buy my 2013 Carver C34? I put over $100k of upgrades in it and kept it in like-new condition. And, it comes with a transferable warrantee. I know this is not the appropriate place to sell boats so that will be the last that I talk about it here.

Cheers,

Dirtdoc

I still have to sea-trial the NP45. It will be interesting to see how stable it is. I wish I knew someone with a stabilized boat that I could catch a ride with but I don't. So it's either going to be: buy a stabilized older boat or buy an un-stabilized new NP45 and stabilize it later (if I think it needs it).
Dirtdoc

I seriously doubt the sea trial would be done in big water. Point being, the pros and cons for stabilizers could be initially hard to define. BTW, if you see the DeFever, it as best I remember, stabilized.

I don't recall seeing a stabilized North Pacific.
Of course I haven't seen them all.

I don't recall seeing a stabilized North Pacific.
Of course I haven't seen them all.

Trevor mentioned that to the best of his recollection he could only remember two NPY's that either were sold stabilized or the owners had it done. I don't recall and I don't feel comfortable quoting him. I think it was the customers had NPY stabilize them. I'll ask him when I see him next week.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble showing quotes. Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks all for the great discussion. I'm happy to report that took possession of a Great Harbour GH37 boat - formerly named "Easy !" - "now Balena" and we are loving it ! Made our way from the Ft Myers area up to Annapolis where we'll hang out for the summer. Then down to the Bahamas for the winter and Canada next summer.

Congratulations. The GH37 should be a very comfortable boat. Lots of room in that 37'

Factory installed stabilization

As to stabilization,as far as I know,KK,Selenes,North Pacific,and Nordhavn's don't come from the factory with stabilization included.The buyers elect to put them on(and pay for them)after factory delivery.Sometimes,they are done by the yard that is prepping the boat for factory delivery.A smart option for the buyers is to have the factory do the structural prepwork of reinforcing the hull area for the stabilizers.

Tinped??? Nordhav's absolutely come with stabilization from the factory?!?! Watch videos from Ta Shing of new boat launches?!?!

Tinped??? Nordhav's absolutely come with stabilization from the factory?!?! Watch videos from Ta Shing of new boat launches?!?!

Please read a post carefully before you react. I said they don't come from the factory INCLUDED. Yes, you can pay extra to any factory for all kinds of extras, including electronics, watermakers, and such. But they don't come with these included in the baseprice.

Please read a post carefully before you react. I said they don't come from the factory INCLUDED. Yes, you can pay extra to any factory for all kinds of extras, including electronics, watermakers, and such. But they don't come with these included in the baseprice.

But they do come from the factory included. Only your last sentence is accurate. They don't come included in the base price. Huge difference. Many things on boats aren't in the base price.

Only as an extra with an upcharge. If you mean that if you choose to pay for them, then they are indeed included in your bill of sale. If you do not, then they are not included in your bill. Just as any other extras you opt for or not.
The question was originally if the boat comes with them, and the answer is no.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom