Looking at 1988 mainship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bradlesh

Veteran Member
Used 1988 Mainship 40 Nantucket, Fairfax, Va - 22125 - BoatTrader.com

Looking at this boat as an entry level first liveaboard/cruising boat. Wife and I are retired and we want a low investment boat to see how we like it before taking a bigger plunge. Any comments on this particular boat? Looking to take in down the ICW and spend winter in Florida and maybe a month or so in the Bahamas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad, welcome aboard. We have the same boat with twin 454 gas engines . As most may agree, the primary issue is the condition of the vessel. We were fortunate to find one that was well kept. No significant issues in 4 years that we have owned it. If the size and layout suit you. You should be happy with it.
Dave

Brad, According to the Floscan meters I get around 1.25 to 1.5 statute miles per gallon of gasoline. @ between 9 and 11 Statute miles per hour. Forgot the RPM's that equates to . WOT. less MPG than i can stand. Never really do that for any length of time. Just no need. I will power up onto plane for short run couple of times per season just for fun.:dance:
Dave.

We've got the same hull, different superstructure, different engines. With our perkins Diesels, we get about 2nmpg at 7-8 knots. It gets bad quickly above that.

We've had it 18 months, very happy with it. We've gone from md to ga and up to 30 miles offshore comfortably in the right weather windows.

Back
Top Bottom