Good compact printer/scanner for a boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sledge

Vessel Make
American Tug 41
I was resisting getting one but as we spend more time on the boat, seems we indeed will need to print and/or scan occasionally.
We don’t really need color, I just want something very compact. Does anyone have a recommendation?

You might want to check out the Epson Workforce products. Good scanners, good paper handling, good printing. Even photo printing is pretty good if you use the right paper and settings.

We have an HP Officejet 250 that I've been very surprised with (horrid experiences with "all-things-HP" in the past). It has held up well over 3 years of liveaboard use and the cartridges have never dried out enough not to work, even after months in the locker cabinet. VERY small to store. Prints and scans. Easy wifi connection and a rechargeable battery so we don't have to plug it in every time we use it.

can you get smaller if it's just a printer? Google Photroscan (for the phone) is what I use for scanning: it's great.

UPDATE: just wanted to follow up and let you know we ended up getting an HP 3755 inkjet and we're very happy with it. We do have a desk but were shooting for taking up the least amount of space. with paper holder retracted, this thing is only 15.5" wide, 7" deep and only about 5" tall, very small footprint considering it does color printing as well as scanning. Granted the ink cartridges are small but we really don't print frequently. :thumb:

IMG_0112.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom