Favorite picture so far.. What's yours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone.
It is very difficult to choose only a pair of photos of a great summer by our coasts (Vigo Bay-Spain).
I hope you like them.

I bet you get some stunning views. Photos makes me want to go explore the area.

Lots of awesome pics. Sunsets, calm waters...icebergs!

I like this one an awful lot. Taken at Georgetown, SC, where it's easy to take a nice picture.

img_2606.jpeg

It's funny how there are certain locales where there are consistently stunning sunsets. The most beautiful I've ever seen were in Tucson, Arizona.

Salish Sea on a flat day.

Attachments

• May 2020 shipyard cruise.jpg
    May 2020 shipyard cruise.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 24
That is really cool.. almost hard to tell which is the bottom and which is the top.

I didn't have any difficulty at all figuring out what was the bottom and what was the top.:confused:
Ummm, wait, which picture were YOU talking about?

I am SO going to be sleeping on the couch . . . :dance:

Here is mine. Anchored in Sumter Landing Recreation Area at Mile 270 on the Tenn-Tom above Demopolis.SumterLanding.jpg

Ok I know that it can’t compete with the beautiful sunsets already posted here ; however I have found it interesting it was the first time ever I have seen both sunset and moonrise so close together and for a moment seemingly at the same elevation

May 27, 2020 anchored at position 43° 7.128' N / 5° 44.928’ E South West of France

1. 8:37 PM
2. 8:48PM

Notice the opposite position of the moon to the sun in just 11 minutes

Attachments

• 8A7C3FD5-D1CE-47F0-8BBD-8F3BAAD941B2.jpg
    8A7C3FD5-D1CE-47F0-8BBD-8F3BAAD941B2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 9C04BA73-1554-444B-BBD8-EF2A2EB9989E.jpg
    9C04BA73-1554-444B-BBD8-EF2A2EB9989E.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 17
I didn't have any difficulty at all figuring out what was the bottom and what was the top.:confused:
Ummm, wait, which picture were YOU talking about?

I am SO going to be sleeping on the couch . . . :dance:

It's okay. You can sleep in the bunkroom.. I'm not unreasonable.

Ok I know that it can’t compete with the beautiful sunsets already posted here ; however I have found it interesting it was the first time ever I have seen both sunset and moonrise so close together and for a moment seemingly at the same elevation

May 27, 2020 anchored at position 43° 7.128' N / 5° 44.928’ E South West of France

To cool. Love it.

I'm pretty sure those 'moons' are sun dogs. Wonderful pictures, though!

A sun dog (or sundog) or mock sun, also called a parhelion[1] (plural parhelia) in meteorology, is an atmospheric optical phenomenon that consists of a bright spot to one or both sides of the Sun. Two sun dogs often flank the Sun within a 22° halo.

San Diego Sunrise

This picture was taken a years ago leaving the boat for work. Not a bad way to start your day.

John
N4050, N4061, N3522, H38E - former owner

Marshall Marine 15' Sandpiper - under contract

Attachments

• Resized_IMG_20170221_061440726_HDR002_5059[4483] (3).jpg
    Resized_IMG_20170221_061440726_HDR002_5059[4483] (3).jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 24
This picture was taken a years ago leaving the boat for work. Not a bad way to start your day.

John
N4050, N4061, N3522, H38E - former owner

Marshall Marine 15' Sandpiper - under contract

Whoa.. the sky's on fire!!

I'm pretty sure those 'moons' are sun dogs. Wonderful pictures, though!

A sun dog (or sundog) or mock sun, also called a parhelion[1] (plural parhelia) in meteorology, is an atmospheric optical phenomenon that consists of a bright spot to one or both sides of the Sun. Two sun dogs often flank the Sun within a 22° halo.

Yes KnotYet perhaps it was sun dog as you said ; even after two circumnavigations around the globe under sail in 1975 and 1989, large parts of which in solo , whole life I have always confounded life jacket with seatbelt , outboard engine with gasoline-powered land-mower , not to forget the moon with halo ;

now I find myself wondering that perhaps the sun on the pics was a lighthouse? how that but it could be ! well , just joking, OK ?

Yes KnotYet perhaps it was sun dog as you said ; even after two circumnavigations around the globe under sail in 1975 and 1989, large parts of which in solo , whole life I have always confounded life jacket with seatbelt , outboard engine with gasoline-powered land-mower , not to forget the moon with halo ;

now I find myself wondering that perhaps the sun on the pics was a lighthouse? how that but it could be ! well , just joking, OK ?

Frankly La Mer, I would be seeing lucky stars if I wound up on a Fleming in the Med!

Frankly La Mer, I would be seeing lucky stars if I wound up on a Fleming in the Med!

if you come to France one day let me know I will take you aboard ; last month we spent a full of fun week on my new to me boat with three American « TFers » coming from CT and MA who are good contributors to the TF community as a whole ; besides the very good weather we had wonderful days sailing to Corsica and back telling stories and jokes , having good food and making toasts ; we enjoyed having them aboard , it was a really memorable time to my wife and me all together , you know ;

Sunsets taken from the boat's sundeck. Lake Michigan is just beyond the tree lined dune.

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

Last edited:
Probably the morning after our first overnight trip on the hook on our (new to us) Hatteras 43MY. I knew we made the right choice.

Attachments

• PXL_20210407_105402433.jpg
    PXL_20210407_105402433.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 19
Probably the morning after our first overnight trip on the hook on our (new to us) Hatteras 43MY. I knew we made the right choice.

Awesome morning view!

Back
Top Bottom