Desludging the blackwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought Noflex once at a higher price from Amazon and got a scoop. When I've bought a few at a time cheaper elsewhere, no scoop was included. I've just kept the original scoop, so no need for more of them anyway.

I don't think the scoop is specific to Amazon. Lots of sites show it, here is a pic from Walmart. (also about $35). The high price is puzzeling. I found some SPC on Amazon, but are there other good sources?

I have always received a scoop with Noflex.

I bought Noflex once at a higher price from Amazon and got a scoop. When I've bought a few at a time cheaper elsewhere, no scoop was included. I've just kept the original scoop, so no need for more of them anyway.

Geez. I've been cheated, all this time!

:)

I just use the lid, approximate a tablespoon, easy. But that scoop looks pretty special.

:)

-Chris

I sought rid of the entire black water tank and put in a Separett toilet. The “Tiny” is about the same size as a simple marine head. We empty the liquid tank every five days and the solid waste every 10 days. One couple using it, solid waste is closed up in a compostable bag. It has a small computer size fan that vents outside and runs off a 12 volt system. There is never any odour. I paid around $1,000 Canadian for mine. But, I don’t have to find and pay for pumpouts.
Wow, never thought my first post would be about this topic. Lol

imo, sorry, that sounds too much like camping but if works for you, I'm happy

imo, sorry, that sounds too much like camping but if works for you, I'm happy
Head and head system problems are probably one of the top 10 topics on TF. When my macerator pump died and the replacement was DOA (which took a while to figure out), I was two days from leaving to Ensenada, a 500 nm run with myself and two crew. Was not the first time I had spent quality time getting intimate with my head system and a clorox bath afterwards.

Call it camping, call it a litter box. I call it simple, predictable, and reliable. Three words that are not associated with marine head systems.

Peter (NaturesHead)

We just got back from a 2 week cruise. The second day the Vacuflush head started leaking vacuum. My wife asked me how I was going to fix it. I replied with a Marine Elegance. They are simple and reliable. It will be done this winter. Until then we can make it work by turning it on and off.

We just got back from a 2 week cruise. The second day the Vacuflush head started leaking vacuum. My wife asked me how I was going to fix it. I replied with a Marine Elegance. They are simple and reliable. It will be done this winter. Until then we can make it work by turning it on and off.
A marine head is but one component of a head system.....

I suspect a lot of VacuFlush owners turn off their systems at night due to vacuum leak. I know I did when I livedaboard with one.

Peter

But with the ME head I have never had any issues in 4 boats. They just work.

But with the ME head I have never had any issues in 4 boats. They just work.
If I had a 2-head boat, one would be the Marine Elegance and traditional holding tank. The other would be a compost head. The main drawback to a compost head is it does not handle more than a couple, maybe a third person full time.

While not for everyone, compost heads have extremely high customer satisfaction. A couple years ago a poll on CF asked "Compost Head Owners: would you do it again?" There were about 50 unique responders, all but one were an enthusiastic "yes, no regrets." I'm sure there's a bit of confirmation bias, but still, the chorus was unmistakable.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom