Considering Cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey WelshKC:

Our 44' Endeavour is for sale in Palmetto, FL. Might even still be for sale in the Spring when you are ready to start your search. Let us know! (Spring in Florida starts in March or is it January?) LOL. You can see the specs and more pics at https://scottfreesite.wordpress.com/ We had planned on doing the Loop but work is getting in the way of us doing much more than cruising West Coast Florida & Keys at this time. It's a great boat, lots of room on board and good for anchoring out for days on end. Solar panels & watermaker keeps you self sufficient. Endeavour owners are great folks too! (Hi Scott Wheeler!) - we have traveled with a few of them, and might even plan a spring rendevous to the Keys or Dry Tortugas!

Mark & Laura Scott

I have been on (and fed on), Mark and Laura’s Endeavor!! It is one very clean, well equipped and meticulously maintained boat!!

Hate to see y’all sell her... always room on Salt Wife for you guys!

Scott

Good to know Mark.

I’ll send you a PM to exchange contacts.

The three of us are looking for just that setup and just got the realtor contract on the house so the process is started.

Stay tuned

-E-

Where can I get ~3yrs of past sales figures for Endeavour 44 Trawlercats?

This is another question related to getting a TrawlerCat, but may need a new thread. Let me know if that is the case...

Prices are wide ranging for boats in similar conditions and it would be great to know the actual sales numbers to help make decisions.

I have emailed one broker selling a trawlercat indicating interest and asking for the data, but have not gotten a response.

Anyone have any ideas or available resources for this?

-E-

This is another question related to getting a TrawlerCat, but may need a new thread. Let me know if that is the case...

Prices are wide ranging for boats in similar conditions and it would be great to know the actual sales numbers to help make decisions.

I have emailed one broker selling a trawlercat indicating interest and asking for the data, but have not gotten a response.

-E-

You won't be able to. UNLESS you hire a sales broker who can access that info for you. It will be hard to find a sales guy who will give you that info pro bono, unless you hire him to find you your next boat. I'm dealing with this now! There are often wide variances in asking prices for similiar boat models/years. Frustrating.

Last edited:

Some, if not most, brokers subscribe to soldboats.com. Getting this data from a listing broker may be problematic if they are selling an over priced boat. I don't think it makes distinctions between equipment and condition of boats but have never seen the data myself. If you want to see the data, your best bet would be to hire a buyers broker. Given your situation and location, that might be your best bet to obtain a boat anyway.

There is a kinda, sorta alternative from BoatUS where once you identify the boat you are interested in, you fill out various information about it on a web form and in a few days, they will tell you what they think you can expect to pay for the boat. Read this link for more info on that.

https://www.boatus.com/buyer/guide/buyer/determining-condition-and-value.asp

Another source for sold boat price info are surveyors since their job is to establish FMV .. Prices vary by geography so that's a big factor too.

Another source for sold boat price info are surveyors since their job is to establish FMV .. Prices vary by geography so that's a big factor too.

Actually, that is not their job but something they do in addition to surveying condition. Some surveyors do have a good feel for market value, but others do not. However, it's not like a surveyor on a home who has lots of market data and information to base a value on. Some surveyors to subscribe to Sold Boats.

I skimmed and thought this was about cats (purr). Cats are easy to haul, in fact they love being out of the water, and they love playing with loops. You'll have no problem with a cat or two. ;)

Back
Top Bottom