11 PM on the foredeck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deano

Vessel Name
Becca
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 44
It’s that time of day on a September Sunday night and the marina is quiet. The water is like glass, wind is calm and humidity almost fallish.
Weekenders are gone so sitting on the foredeck alone listening to Norah Jones and a little of the late IZ mixed in.
I’ve been here 5 years and business gets in the way and we forget why we did this in the first place.
Reminder to self to spend more time on the foredeck and less in the office.

Sometimes just watching the world go by from a boat is as good as it gets...

Totally agree! We spent this weekend doing just that...just hanging on the boat and enjoying everything we can take in. My wife calls it my happy place. This is what life is about.

IMG_0387.jpgif you can see this.

This weekend we just needed to escape. Seems selfish when so many are hurting so badly right now in the Bahamas, but we'd done what we felt would be helpful to them. Friday, just three of us went to Miami by boat, basically for lunch and to walk along South Beach. Saturday, a group of about 14 took four boats to West Palm, went to look at art and had lunch and returned home. Today, a slightly smaller group went in only two boats to LYC with some of us playing tennis, some watching, and all getting lunch. Then home. We all had great times, yet nothing unique or special about our trips. We just felt such a desire to get out on the water, even though we live on it and can always look out. For those of us who love boating as we do, life is just better when you're on a boat.

...kinda like floatin' with my belly up...

I went out to check on the boat this evening after some thunderstorms rolled through last night. Had a similar moment with a seal in the marina...

Then I went down to the boat, all was well. I decided to work on troubleshooting the darnflangled Webasto that has been tempermental, and it just fired up. Really smoky, and then it all burned off. Maybe tonight was just one of those all is well nights!

David

Last edited:
I always say "the folks with the biggest bucks and the biggest boats have the tiniest of time to enjoy either."

I always say "the folks with the biggest bucks and the biggest boats have the tiniest of time to enjoy either."

We always enjoy watching them up anchor on a Sunday afternoon and head off back to ready themselves for work leaving the vast expanse to us poor people to enjoy.
Ahhhh the serenity :D

It’s that time of day on a September Sunday night and the marina is quiet. The water is like glass, wind is calm and humidity almost fallish.
Weekenders are gone so sitting on the foredeck alone listening to Norah Jones and a little of the late IZ mixed in.
I’ve been here 5 years and business gets in the way and we forget why we did this in the first place.
Reminder to self to spend more time on the foredeck and less in the office.

Yeah. Right there with you, Deano.

A little before 11:00 pm but this was last night from our foredeck.
IMG_0926.jpg

John

Reminds me of an very disturbing "incident" a couple of years ago.

Sonas is docked at our home dock. We love sitting outside with a bottle of red, looking over the boat and lagoon we live on.

A couple of years ago we took her over to the boat yard to have a new helm seat installed. That night we were sitting out back and Sian turned to me and, without thinking, said "isn't it a wonderful view without the boat in the way?"

We didn't get as far as divorce, but it certainly was a startling comment.

When she told one of her friends what she had said, her friend said, "you didn't really say that out loud did you?"

View last Christmas.

Attachments

• DSC_5229.jpg
    DSC_5229.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 108
Reminds me of an very disturbing "incident" a couple of years ago.

Sonas is docked at our home dock. We love sitting outside with a bottle of red, looking over the boat and lagoon we live on.

A couple of years ago we took her over to the boat yard to have a new helm seat installed. That night we were sitting out back and Sian turned to me and, without thinking, said "isn't it a wonderful view without the boat in the way?"

We didn't get as far as divorce, but it certainly was a startling comment.

When she told one of her friends what she had said, her friend said, "you didn't really say that out loud did you?"

View last Christmas.

Lol, those are fighting words!

I love just sitting on the bow deck, cold drink in hand, just watching the world go by. Or nothing going by. Doesn't matter, it's just being out there where the world is calm and peaceful.

Nice topic Deano. Nice reminder of why we enjoy the boating lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom