You Seattle Boaters Need to Quiet Down!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. Shud-dup.

Dang, if our local city councils had some huevos they could also pass ordinances like that. I'm all for "loud stereo ordinances", as you can tell.

You have to hear the music on Lake Washington before you can know how annoying it can be. While the Lake is pretty big, 25 miles long and around a mile wide at its widest, it is surrounded by hills and the music just reverberates. My brother-in-law lives on the lake across from the area the Kirkland Council has tried to control. His house is about3/4 mile across the lake from a Kirkland park. In the past, on weekends, the music just boomed across the lake. I could only imagine how loud it was for the homeowners, and other boaters, on that side of the lake.

Agree with THD. It's unfortunate that the Seattle actions don't apply to the Eastside. We frequently get "entertained" in Yarrow Bay.

Most of the time, it's a ski or wake boarder -- the type that are usually overloaded, and insist on creating huge wakes next to the marina. The same guys that drive past the "Slow - No wake" sign with their tails deep in the water. Typically, everyone in the bay can hear the gawd-awful crap they are playing.

Serious lack of consideration for anyone but themselves.

Dang, if our local city councils had some huevos they could also pass ordinances like that. I'm all for "loud stereo ordinances", as you can tell.
...If the councils had some eggs???

I assume you meant "cojones" ...:socool:

365 day open season on NOISE!

If you can hear it , you can use it for target practice , Harleys included.

Shoot for Silence!

Harleys included. :ermm:

:eek:

Hey!!!

That'll be enough of that kinda talk Mr. Fred!!!

AS an owner of a 1964 BMW R 60 US with over 100,000 miles I know actual motorcycling can be almost silent.

Harley's are someones personal ornament , to make a statement.

Fine , I just don't need to HEAR the statement 3 miles away!

Same with a no muffler Cigarette ,

Commence Firing!!

Back
Top Bottom