Old 11-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
Yo ho ho- Happy Thanksgiving!

As I sit here tonight with a nice glass of wine (ok,maybe two!) with a cold rain falling, the kids actually behaving, my wife making a yummy homemade meal, and well, life generally good, I wanted to say to my friends here @ the Trawler Forum, happy thanksgiving! *I know I am new here but I have been active in many other boating forums and this site has proven to be a great, great resource with great people and I have completely enjoyed my time here. *You all have been such a help and I pray you all are truly have a blessed Thanksgiving with warmth, happiness, close friends, family, and lots of love. *

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #2

City: Seattle, Salmon Bay
Vessel Name: Tonic
Vessel Model: 1987 Cheer Men Marine PT42
RE: Yo ho ho- Happy Thanksgiving!

Back at ya, Tony.
Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

City: San Jose, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl 3
Vessel Model: Silverton 38c

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!* I hope you have a chance to enjoy your boat over the long weekend!
Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:16 AM   #4
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34

We don't observe Thanksgiving in our part of the world, it's a US thing, but all the same...have a good one all.

Oh, but hey, I do have something to be thankful for....my bimini replacement and new flybridge cover and front window screen are finally finished and on.* Can't wait to take my re-painted dinghy down and see the final effect.

-- Edited by Peter B on Wednesday 24th of November 2010 07:19:50 AM
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse

Thanks Tonic!

Pineapple- we're planning on going to the boat Friday a.m. through the weekend. Downtown Chattanooga apparently has a big parade of lights (decorated boats), bluegrass, art vendors, and fireworks Friday night and then we will just be chilling out on the boat (AKA the family chilling out as I scramble to finish about a dozen things on my to do list!) for the rest of the weekend.

Peter- post pics of your new enclosure!
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #6

City: Cape Coral FL
Vessel Name: Say GoodBye
Vessel Model: 21 Mako

Here we all are, helping each other but also griping and complaining about some defects, deficiencies, or some stuff we dont like about our boats, which leads to improvements.

All in all, our boat problems are nothing compared to what some folks have to deal with in life.

So yes, we all should be heartily thankful. We are all blessed with abundance. Let us not forget it.

The Lord has blessed us over and over, with a decent job, a home, clothes, food, a family, good friends and neighbors.....boats and lots of extra stuff.

Spend some time working in a homeless shelter....get to know and understand some of the clients there.......you will really appreciate you blessings afterward.

R.

-- Edited by ralphyost on Thursday 25th of November 2010 09:38:20 AM
ralphyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
Guru

City: Bellingham, WA
Vessel Name: Happy Destiny
Vessel Model: Custom Lobster Yacht

Quote:
ralphyost wrote:

Here we all are, helping each other but also griping and complaining about some defects, deficiencies, or some stuff we dont like about our boats, which leads to improvements.

All in all, our boat problems are nothing compared to what some folks have to deal with in life.

So yes, we all should be heartily thankful. We are all blessed with abundance. Let us not forget it.

The Lord has blessed us over and over, with a decent job, a home, clothes, food, a family, good friends and neighbors.....boats and lots of extra stuff.

Spend some time working in a homeless shelter....get to know and understand some of the clients there.......you will really appreciate you blessings afterward.

R.

-- Edited by ralphyost on Thursday 25th of November 2010 09:38:20 AM
You said it my friend. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Carey is offline   Reply With Quote