Yep we were anchored at Eatons Neck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
New York

Sustained Winds At Landfall: 60-80 mph Peak Gusts: 94 mph (Eatons Neck, NY):eek: Highest Rainfall: 4.83 inches (Whitesville, NY) Highest Storm Surge: 12.7 feet (Kings Point, NY) Total Power Outages: : 2.2 million Boats Damaged: 32,000 Boating Losses: $324 million Marinas Seriously Damaged: 300-400

Some of our little escapade is chronicled in the upcoming issue of Passagemaker mag in the letters to the editor section:thumb:

Last edited:
You anchored in 80mph winds???

Used a trusty old Bruce I spoze. What did you use and I assume you stood a 24hr watch. Give us some details Dad.

Eric--- I assume this was Daddyo's riding out of Hurricane Sandy which was discussed at great length in another thread. Look up that thread in the archives, Eric, and you will see more opinions than you would have ever thought it possible to make about one person's experience. It will be entertaining reading if nothing else. Take you awhile, though--- lots of posts.

The link is http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/well-sucks-7606.html

Last edited:
Finally a reason to read Passagemaker again.

I've been having some sleepless nights lately and I went back and re-read some of the old PMs. That was a good magazine in it's day. I especially liked Robert Lanes stuff.

I was never nuts about Lane but I have about 18" of PMM stacked up flat. from 97 on to about 07. Yes the old ones were great.

They are a little like TF. When we started in 07 (I believe) we had the whole world of Trawlering to comprehend and evaluate. Growing together as a group developed over time and we talked out all the big or important subjects like twins or anchors so now it's a bit like coming to the party after it's basically over. Many don't like talking the same things again but I think it's fine. Something new always comes to the surface. I'm still happy to be here but I'm getting a bit more selective about what I click on. And the thread titles still are WAY too vague. Don't know what your'e clicking into w a title like "what about this?". But we've always done that and we've always had TC.

Thanks Marin re "Well this sucks". Another well introduced thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom