Yanmar 1000 hr inspection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Google "Yanmar 4LH Inspection Schedule" and you should find Yanmar's official inspection requirements. I don't necessarily subscribe completely to them. This is what I would do:

1. Change the oil and filter just as you would do every 200 hours.

2. Change the on engine fuel filter and the off engine Racor filter.

3. Examine the raw water pump impeller and change if any cracking or just change it since you have to remove it anyway.

4. You might check the valve lash but probably not needed.

5. Check the engine zincs and replace as necessary.

6. Clean the air filter element.

On a calendar basis:

Every five years completely service the air cooler including disassembly, cleaning of both sides, reassembly with new o-rings and lots of grease slathered around them and then test for leaks.

Then take it out for a sea trial just as you would if buying the boat. Run it up to wot for at least 5 minutes after and see if it gets up to at least 3,300 rpm, preferably 3,400 rpm. See if the engine temp stabilizes at about 200-210 F. Check all around for any leaks when you get back to the dock.

David

Google "Yanmar 4LH Inspection Schedule" and you should find Yanmar's official inspection requirements. I don't necessarily subscribe completely to them. This is what I would do:

1. Change the oil and filter just as you would do every 200 hours.

2. Change the on engine fuel filter and the off engine Racor filter.

3. Examine the raw water pump impeller and change if any cracking or just change it since you have to remove it anyway.

4. You might check the valve lash but probably not needed.

5. Check the engine zincs and replace as necessary.

6. Clean the air filter element.

On a calendar basis:

Every five years completely service the air cooler including disassembly, cleaning of both sides, reassembly with new o-rings and lots of grease slathered around them and then test for leaks.

Then take it out for a sea trial just as you would if buying the boat. Run it up to wot for at least 5 minutes after and see if it gets up to at least 3,300 rpm, preferably 3,400 rpm. See if the engine temp stabilizes at about 200-210 F. Check all around for any leaks when you get back to the dock.

David
And adjust the valves.

Back
Top Bottom