Yachtworld Still Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you open Yachtworld in the upper right there is a US flag. If you click on it it will show other countries. I picked the UK, English. On the UK page the advanced search button is still there. You will have to set meters to feet and select US dollars and then it is the same as the old version. A couple more steps but it is worth it to me. It also still has the regions as far as search areas.

Yes, another "thank you" from me. Yours is a good workaround (changing to another country) for the updated site. I hope it lasts.
I emailed Yachtworld & let them know my feelings about their reworked site. I even referenced the discussion here on TF & it's negative views, my thinking was that would make them take notice, since TF is a popular brand. That was weeks ago & I've not received a reply. Not that I'm surprised but I guess it goes to show how much they care...

As of this morning even my bookmark no longer works properly anymore. Instead of maintaining the filters, it just redirect to the main page where I have to set them all up all over again.
Sigh....

Might be that they changed the format of a particular parameter that's in my filter but not yours. So mine fails and redirects

It looks like they went out of their way to make it less user friendly.
Not having a way to search by region and no key words are two big losses.
They never did have a way to save or favorite boats. No way to print a series of pics.
Are there no adults in charge there?

YachtWorld site NON FUNCTIONAL

My suggestion to the brokers and dealers who use this site is find something else that actually works. I’m an experienced boater looking for another trawler. I’ve written to the people at YachtWorld several times about the poor functionality of their site and have never received the courtesy of a reply. Brokers and dealers you’re not being served well by this site. It’s frustrating to use and honestly unless you’re one of the major dealers (you know who you are) your listings just get lost. I’m disappointed and frustrated that looking for a boat has to be so difficult. Sounds like an opportunity for someone else to enter the market with a fully functional and reliable site.

Other issue that has been screwing me up is updating. Boats under agreement or even sold are still listed for a very long time. Nor is it current with price drops from what I see. Doing a historical search for past ask and sold is impossible.
I’m interested in two models of one brand. I look nearly daily and still find the boat off the marketplace when I pursue investigation.

YW is owned by Permira Funds and Boattrader is owned by Apax Partners. Both Permira Funds and Apax Partners are based in Miami and are owned by the same conglomerate, which purchased Boats Group, and thereby, both YW and BT . . . Both BT and YW appear to be for sale, and owners have virtually zero interest in protecting the brands, just want to sell them . . . . And since YW or BT don't really have any competitors, the owners don't care if YW and BT are continued to be maintained to a high standard. So, we the public, and the brokers who advertise on both YW and BT can take it or leave it . . . the owners just don't appear to give a carp.:nonono:

I've noticed a couple of boats on Yatco, but haven't played around with the functionality yet.

www.yatco.com

Says it was founded in 2000 though, and it doesn't seem to have replaced YW yet, at least in the USA.

It’s the result of web developers thinking they know more than the people who use the web site. They should have collected some yacht brokers together and have them bring in some clients and put them in charge of the redesign.

Tom[/QUOTE
My feeling on many software products. Do techies know what a focus group is? Detriot could figure out what consumers wanted, why cant silicon valley? As I type this on my tablet auto spell check has checked out.
Agree setting up searches with multiple filters is cumbersume. Also agree losing search by regions is a loss.
I really miss keyword searches, ie flybridge, cockpit etc.
I have not been able to get notifications.
Wonder why cannot save searches or mark or save favorites liki Hemmings does.
Any port in a storm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom