Yacht transport

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freespool

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Adventure
Vessel Make
Offshore 62
Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I couldn't find a better place to put it.

My wife and I recently purchased a boat in Fort Lauderdale (62' Offshore). The plan is to run it to the Yucatan peninsula in December and ultimately through the Panama Canal. We plan on taking a year (or so) as we are in no hurry to get the boat back to Dana Point, California.

I am thinking of leaving the boat in Costa Rica or Panama to take advantage of the fishing there. I need to consider getting the boat home from there. The more I research it, the less I want to drive it home from Panama. The wear and tear on the boat and machinery may not be worth it.

Does anyone have any experience and can provide a recommendation for a company who puts it on a ship and transports it to the west coast. I plan on doing my research on the various companies, however I was looking for a personal recommendation. Thanks in advance!

I’ve used United Yacht Transportation twice and have had very good experience.
Shrink wrap the flybridge, otherwise the salt gets caked on pretty bad.
They can usually recommend someone.

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I couldn't find a better place to put it.

My wife and I recently purchased a boat in Fort Lauderdale (62' Offshore). The plan is to run it to the Yucatan peninsula in December and ultimately through the Panama Canal. We plan on taking a year (or so) as we are in no hurry to get the boat back to Dana Point, California.

I am thinking of leaving the boat in Costa Rica or Panama to take advantage of the fishing there. I need to consider getting the boat home from there. The more I research it, the less I want to drive it home from Panama. The wear and tear on the boat and machinery may not be worth it.

Does anyone have any experience and can provide a recommendation for a company who puts it on a ship and transports it to the west coast. I plan on doing my research on the various companies, however I was looking for a personal recommendation. Thanks in advance!

I used Yachtwise once from Ensenada to Vancouver. Very pleased with the service, but as noted, the more protection to the exterior you can provide the cleaner the vessel will be on arrival.

Golfito, CR had regularly scheduled yacht transport when we were there. Dockwise and another company (pictures) did monthly pickups and deliveries in season.

Attachments

• Picture 367 (1).jpg
    Picture 367 (1).jpg
    169 KB · Views: 72
  • Picture 372.jpg
    Picture 372.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom