Old 10-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #21
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
I've seen a lot of times that wonderful opportunity was a mirage and turned out that under the greener grass there really was a septic tank. On the other hand, I've seen people who made bold moves and their lives were enriched. I actually had a friend who ended up in Minneapolis in such a move. She hates cold weather but she's loved her life there and the company she's now worked for over 25 years. She still works one week a month in Minneapolis but her office is now in their Northern California location.

Whatever decision you make, move on and forward and don't second guess it. Even if things don't work out as hoped, that doesn't mean it was a bad decision. It was what you believed to be best at the time.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:56 PM   #22
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltexflanc View Post
Chartering a cruising boat is cheaper and MUCH less hassle than owning one if you only use it a couple weeks a year.
George, for Heaven's sake. TF is no place to speak such a truth!

"When life gets hard, eat marshmallows”.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #23
Guru

City: st pete
Vessel Model: 430 Mainship
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanders View Post
I’m a guy that has many times chosen lifestyle over career.
I live on a lake in Alaska, too far from Anchorage to commute daily. I’ve have had employeers go so far as offer to buy my home as part of a relocation package, to stay with them, and assume a new position.

Every time I had the choice I chose lakefront life over all else, much to the dismay of others who made different choices. I have been called a “free spirit” and even “not a team plater” for choosing my life over career.

In the end...

The sun is going to come up in an hour or so, and the lake will be there. The birds are training teir young to fly south, and the water creatures that stay are making preparations for winter. I get to see all that.

So...

My recommendation to you is to enjoy your life. Make it your first priority. Work to live, and let others live to work.
Totally agree, life is too short.

On your death bed you will not be talking about how great the job was.....