Wow, but Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I have no way of knowing for sure, I would not be surprised to learn that this yacht is headed for Qatar. Qatar is now the world's richest nation thanks to its fairly recently tapped natural gas reserves which we were told when we were there last November are the biggest in the world.

The country has more money than God and they are spending it on some truly amazing stuff, like gigantic luxury communities built around huge yacht harbors. What's even more amazing is that the huge complexes, and the modern section of the city of Doha which makes Dubai look a bit shabby in comparison, are some 80 percent empty.

It's all being done on the theory of "if you build it, they will come." This yacht would be right at home there.

It's interesting to me that the bulk of mega yachts seem to be owned by first and second generation wealth. Easy come easy go is the old adage. Not meant to imply that their wealth is fleeting, just enjoy conspicuous consumption on a notably grander scale more than older money is all.

Suppose it is the same concept as winning a lottery or such.

When I read the title I immediately thought of two things. The boat is going to the middle east and it wasn't made in USA. I don't think we have 1,500 skilled craftsman and who else besides the middle east has this kind of money? I don't want to be deleted so I'll leave it at that, but it is a very impressive build indeed. Gratulation!, Schön für dich

It's interesting to me that the bulk of mega yachts seem to be owned by first and second generation wealth. Easy come easy go is the old adage. Not meant to imply that their wealth is fleeting, just enjoy conspicuous consumption on a notably grander scale more than older money is all.

Suppose it is the same concept as winning a lottery or such.

I wish I would live long enough to see how it shakes out. It didn't work out long term for the Spanish after they pillaged South America.

It looks like two of my boats could fit on the swim step!

[B]CPseudonym;It's interesting to me that the bulk of mega yachts seem to be owned by first and second generation wealth. Easy come easy go is the old adage. Not meant to imply that their wealth is fleeting, just enjoy conspicuous consumption on a notably grander scale more than older money is all.

Suppose it is the same concept as winning a lottery or such.[/QUOTE]

[/B]
Not wishing to be consigned to OTDE,but isn't that a parallel to what happened, in the US in the late 19th early 20th century.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom