Is this wooden boat overpriced??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A woody anything? Run away and don't look back, it could be gaining on you !!!
A wooden boat sitting on blocks or jacks for any period of time will develop soft spots. I have seen jacks penetrate the wooden hull if left for a period of time.

The hull will need to be stripped down to the wood, board replaced and seams re-calked.
It's not worth the heart break.

I would not take the boat for free.
Sorry, even paid me $30K, I would still run away.

Last edited:
It does say YW TEST Boat at the bottom of the listing

Hi:nonono:

I hesitate to show the rust through the coming paint, in any case a great deal of work when nails / rivets or other corrodes and boards off. If you love challenges and a lot of time, money and love...

A friend has perceived the narrow market nice, "Monster boat" :$

NBs

Last edited:
Maybe its full of gold dust

Maybe he meant $30.00 and just misplaced the decimal point, lol.

If it had only been maintained over the years, it would a great boat at 2 or 3 times the price.

This is a restoration project boat. I suspect there is significant water damage inside too. Just guessing, maybe strip it to the frames and re-plant with new wood. When it is finished, it will be filled with gold, the gold provided by the new owner.

I'm not sure there are craftsmen still alive who can work the magic on this boat. Well, I do know of one, Dennis Boat Works. If he took on this project, it be a 2-3 year project. It is a 'do it in a shed' project.

It looks like a sad old boat, abandoned in place..... hoping to find a new (rich) buyer to bring it back to life.
Hoping to share the stories of its early years and wanting new adventures and stories with the new owner.

Last edited:
This guy, and a few others could do that.

Hej,

It's easy if you know, and this guy knew what he did. Are you from northern Norway or another place with the same name Tromsö?

Your nickname will awaken your food desire. I Love the cold smoke of salmon and reindeer meat, yam :)

NBs

Last edited:
Hej,

It's easy if you know, and this guy knew what he did. Are you from northern Norway or another place with the same name?

NBs

Yes, that guy is skilled and also a good source of knowledge. Yes, I'm from Tromso - northern N. We agree, I love the wild salmon & reindeer too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom