Windy 26 SN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr Bob Kay,

Been wondering what ever happened to you. Sold your boat? What boat* ...I don't remember. And what's a Windy 26 SN? Never heard of them. May recognize it in a picture. Got a pic??

Thank's Walt and good timing! Looks like a nice little boat. Never seen lapstrake planks go around the corners of the stern though. Looks Norwegian or Swedish to be sure. Or even Finnish. Looks like this one's in your area. Thank Walt and go have a seeee.

I had a 24 foot Hercules Trawler Glen-L design with a two cylinder Volvo Diesel there are pictures of it on the site, I sold it in May of this year and am now looking for a replacement, I am going to look at that vessel in Bath Ontario, if I like what I see and how it performs I will make an offfer to purchase, before I go up I was curious if anybody on this forum cared to comment good, bad or otherwise, all comments would be welcomed.*

Bob

-- Edited by Knot In A Hurry on Monday 5th of September 2011 05:34:53 PM

Looks suitable as a weekender/overnighter.

Looks like a Saga 27 but without the aft cabin. I would think that as been suggested that it *would have come out of Northern Europe.

You get what you pay for!!!

Mark,

"Looks suitable as a weekender/overnighter."

I went to and from SE Alaska on a smaller boat. Many others have done and do it. It dosn't take a 10 ton boat to go far on protected waters.

Yes, refueling and rewatering every day or two, one's range in such a boat*is virtually unlimited in protected waters.

Windy 26 is a Norwegian built pocket trawler designed for the North Sea. 60 he Volvo diesel engine. Fairly common in Europe, but only 19 of them imported to Canada in the 1970s. Mine is a 1976 boat, I have owned for 1 year.
It is a beautiful boat, very traditional looking, very rugged. The factory recommended not to take it out if waves more than 12 feet
As with any 40 year old boat, there may be issues due to maintenance.
My boat will travel at about 6 knots at 2,500 rim all day. Max. RIM is 3,500. Fuel consumption about 1 gal per hour.
If you can find one in good shape, I think you will be very happy with it. It is a great boat for a couple, but the "sleeps 5" is a bit of a joke.

Hey, I found one in Virginia. This is a good looking boat, I think.
here ya go-
Windy 26 SN 1986 Trawler

00L0L_bcHTxzwxqHN_1200x900.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom