Will this booster really work ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Know nothing about that particular model but at work we have a similar one of that size, and yes, it will jump vehicles with small engines i.e. 4 and 6 cylinders. It will not jump our Chevy truck with a 5.3L nor our Chevy Tahoe with a 4.8L except in very warm weather.

I bought this one. It is supposed to start a 6 liter diesel or an 8 liter gas engine. Go it on Amazon. Have not tried it yet though. It is amazingly small and light.

NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack For Up To 8-Liter Gasoline And 6-Liter Diesel Engines

I used to work Security at a large hospital and we did a LOT of jumpstarts, 4-5 a day. We had a couple of those little ones and didn't have real good luck. Sometimes they worked, sometimes not. The older style about the size of a briefcase hardly ever failed. Could do 6 or 8 jumps without recharging. I think we got them at Harbor Freight so they weren't even the best quality.

Get a JNC 660. Best pack I ever used commercially in the auto roadside business.

I have that one, haven't tried it yet.... NOCO is a good company. (They make the Genius series of chargers). I have it as the last resort when I screw it all up to get the boat going.... Booster pack starts generator which charges 12/24/32 systems which starts engines.

I ( sort of ) have a big one like that JNC unit....its a Diehard and it works great, but it stays at the Ex's house. I was looking for something smaller that she and my son could keep in their cars. I guess I am old fashioned and I think that size matters.......the reviews of the NOCO unit are mixed so I was hoping for either first hand experience or some electricallly smart person to tell me it takes "X" amps to start an engine and that unit only has "Y" amps. I have trouble with all the different units......my phone battery banks have 10,000 miliamps.....my drill batteries have 4 aH, and this thing has 500Amps.....I need apples to coconuts!!!

Big difference trying to jump a discharged batt, and trying to charge a failed batt.

If batt is good, but simply discharged, these jump packs can get enough charge in them over say 10min to get a start. If battery is failed, not enough amps will go through the clips to get a start.

A friend of mine once asked an engineer friend and he did it, but I don’t know if it’s possible for you if you don’t know much about the mechanism. If you are well versed, then try it, it is definitely possible

Back
Top Bottom