Wiggle Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The key word was "unrealistic"! If my listing price is SOOOOOO high, I did not do MY homework.

If a boat is listed by a broker and it has been sitting at that price for a year, then in my uneducated opinion, the seller should not be upset by an offer of 35% below his ask because his ask is not market. I saw a beautiful North Pacific 42 in Savannah listed for something like $285k and that beauty sold very quickly - yet I see other similar boat languish. In this great country, Everything is for sale and sells - at the right price.

I purchased some boats over decades of boating by simply making considerably reduced cash offers after the boats were for some reason "hung up" in sales. There are different reasons for this.

I also got a couple boats because of the owners simply ridiculously low initial asking price; by people who one reason or another just wanted to see the boats gone.

Each boat we've owned was a good deal. Before purchasing for any price I always make darn sure the boat is in good condition and actuality worth more that what I'm paying. Having been around boats my entire life makes this way of inspecting and buying capable.

PS: Over the years there was only one of the boats I immediately flipped. All others we used for a few years up to a decade or more. Currently we own three boats. One we've had for 12 yrs, one for 10 yrs and one for three months.

Back
Top Bottom