Why I like this forum so much.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Sea Fever
Vessel Make
Defever 49 RPH
Today I finished up replacing the engine mounts on my Westerebeke generator. When I started it up, it would shut itself down as soon as I released the preheat switch. I thought about it for a few minutes, then remembered this topic has been talked about several times in the past. Did a search and saw that several threads agreed that it was probably one of the three safety sensors. Went back down to the engine room and jumped the oil pressure and water temperature switch with no luck. Jumped the exhaust temperature safety switch and it ran normal. Saved myself several hundred dollars once again!!

Outstanding! Its so satisfying not having to foot those bills blindly. And better yet...next time it happens you'll be on it quickly to either fix it again or at least eliminate much of the easy stuff so you are more confidant when to bring in the pro's

Same here. This forum has helped me in so many practical ways, saving all kinds of money and time. Couldn't figure out why our boat was listing. After chasing all kinds of things I asked for advice and pinned it down to a $6.99 bad check valve on the house water supply line on one of the two water tanks. Had a stubborn problem with an A/C control panel, forum advice resolved it. Replaced the water heater correctly -- all thanks to advice on this forum, and those are just the few things I can remember at the moment. Besides the random social discussions, members on this forum have been incredibly helpful.

Same here. I've been helped so many times, I can't even remember them all.

Having a popular production boat like a Mainship, for all its faults, has also been advantageous in this regard as often the EXACT problem I'm facing has been solved by someone else. I try to post little fixes and projects that I do for this same reason, not that I'm some expert, but maybe so someone else can learn from my blunders.

Today I finished up replacing the engine mounts on my Westerebeke generator. When I started it up, it would shut itself down as soon as I released the preheat switch. I thought about it for a few minutes, then remembered this topic has been talked about several times in the past. Did a search and saw that several threads agreed that it was probably one of the three safety sensors. Went back down to the engine room and jumped the oil pressure and water temperature switch with no luck. Jumped the exhaust temperature safety switch and it ran normal. Saved myself several hundred dollars once again!!
Reading your post and Crusty had the same exact issue. The issue became how to get the part to Mexico. Love TF too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom