Old 03-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #81

City: Palo Alto
Vessel Name: Ann-Elyse II
Vessel Model: North Pacific 45
I've always cruised alone. Now that I'm in a 45 I find it a bit more difficult to dock. I've only had it for a year and am still working on my docking routine. When I leave the dock at the beginning of cruising season I usually stay out for 3 months at a time. I find it much easier to anchor and take the tender or kayak in to shore or the marina.

This season I have an electric bike that I intend on using to run to the store to resupply. I also want to do more exploring on it whether its an island or a small town. I'm really looking forward to 2019. I'm heading up to BC from Palo Alto in a couple of weeks. I've been keeping the boat up the Fraser River in Richmond, BC. It's a pain dealing with the current, bridge and loggers. Once I'm off of the river it's cruising time!

Eventually I'm going to run down the coast to Redwood City, CA where she'll live at West Point Harbor. That's when I'll start cruising the delta and do some coastal cruising down to Monterey, San Diego and eventually Mexico.

Alone as usual. That's the way I like it. For my first run down the coast I plan on hiring a captain to help. For 2019 it's the inside passage. In 2018 I put over 1300 nm exploring the San Juan's, Gulf Islands and got as far as Desolation Sound before heading back to Blaine, WA for phase 2 of upgrades to the boat. At the end of 2019 I'll run down to Blaine again for phase 3. 2020 will be the season that I run down the coast.

At least that's the plan. I find it very difficult to leave the PNW.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:39 PM   #82

City: Florida
Vessel Name: Chez Reagan
Vessel Model: Cargile Cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdoc1 View Post
I've always cruised alone. Now that I'm in a 45 I find it a bit more difficult to dock. I've only had it for a year and am still working on my docking routine. When I leave the dock at the beginning of cruising season I usually stay out for 3 months at a time. I find it much easier to anchor and take the tender or kayak in to shore or the marina.

This season I have an electric bike that I intend on using to run to the store to resupply. I also want to do more exploring on it whether its an island or a small town. I'm really looking forward to 2019. I'm heading up to BC from Palo Alto in a couple of weeks. I've been keeping the boat up the Fraser River in Richmond, BC. It's a pain dealing with the current, bridge and loggers. Once I'm off of the river it's cruising time!

Eventually I'm going to run down the coast to Redwood City, CA where she'll live at West Point Harbor. That's when I'll start cruising the delta and do some coastal cruising down to Monterey, San Diego and eventually Mexico.

Alone as usual. That's the way I like it. For my first run down the coast I plan on hiring a captain to help. For 2019 it's the inside passage. In 2018 I put over 1300 nm exploring the San Juan's, Gulf Islands and got as far as Desolation Sound before heading back to Blaine, WA for phase 2 of upgrades to the boat. At the end of 2019 I'll run down to Blaine again for phase 3. 2020 will be the season that I run down the coast.

At least that's the plan. I find it very difficult to leave the PNW.

Sounds FAB! Purported to be a great line handler. I am available for adoption.

friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:43 PM   #83
Guru

City: Chicago/Montrose Harbor
Vessel Name: Sea Jay
Vessel Model: Non Trawler ;-) Ask me if it matters LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdoc1 View Post
!

Im jealous- I grew up in RWC - where is West Point Harbor? The old Peteís?
Gmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:36 PM   #84

City: Palo Alto
Vessel Name: Ann-Elyse II
Vessel Model: North Pacific 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmarr View Post
Im jealous- I grew up in RWC - where is West Point Harbor? The old Peteís?
It's all the way at the end of Seaport Blvd., (Woodside Rd). Pete's is gone and replaced by a condo community. Very nice Condos.

Drive past the Port of Redwood City (on the left) and past the salt ponds (on the right and you will run in to an office park. Drive around the office park and you will see West Point Harbor on the other side. I believe it is the newest marina in the area. It's a beautiful, well run marina. There is a pump out connection between every two slips. Each boat has it's own slip (no sharing). That way you can wash both sides of your boat. They claim that there will eventually be dry-dock facilities and fuel but they have been spending money on litigation with the BCDC. The BCDC and other Bay Conservation organizations are doing their best to close down all boating related facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area. They are going after the boat yards too.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #85
Guru

City: Chicago/Montrose Harbor
Vessel Name: Sea Jay
Vessel Model: Non Trawler ;-) Ask me if it matters LOL
Dirtdoc- thanks for the catch up. I havenít meandered over there since Peteís was closed. I grew up just down Woodside Road on the Atherton side

Gmarr is offline   Reply With Quote