Old 03-09-2019, 07:20 PM   #41
Guru

City: Mississippi
Vessel Name: ADAGIO
Vessel Model: CHB Present 42 Sundeck
All of our first guests on our boat will be non-boaters - I don't want to look too stupid

FoxtrotCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:52 PM   #42
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack Mule View Post
My wife and Richard on Dauntless ( if he would have us ) . His past experience, weather knowledge, high energy and what seems be a laid back attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAT View Post
I'd have to go with Richard on dauntless as well. He has knack for doing things many only dream of including me.
I'm not Richard but I've got the keys to Dauntless. She's here in my marina!
C'mon out and we'll take her for a slow spin. But hurry....Richard will be back any day now. Don't tell him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
Or solidify it. I first met ASD and his Admiral in 2014 and we've stayed in touch since then. I met Mr. and Mrs. Crusty last year.

It's amazing how 6 people who didn't know each other can become friends even with infrequent personal contact.

Especially when those 4 have to put up with the likes of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty Chief View Post
To be honest, I dont think Ive met anyone from this forum that we couldn’t get along just fine. Easy to serve up a cold drink, and tell whoppers, then get in a heated discussion about stuff we cant change.
Great observations, guys! Every TFer I've met have been straight up folks...exactly as they present themselves here. No posers. And we've never been at a loss of things to converse about.

With social media today, we can meet folks for the first time with whom we have been conversing for years. My wife calls them "Imaginary Friends". For me it's always been an enjoyable, interesting and refreshing experience to meet folks here on TF. After that, they're no longer "imaginary".

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:04 AM   #43
Guru

City: Las Vegas/West Coast
Vessel Name: Pairadice
Vessel Model: Selene 47
I’m really looking forward to meeting up with you all in the Bay Area this summer. Were on the boat now getting her ready. First day of nice weather, spent all day cleaning Pairadice and now its “Happy Hour”. Has Richard (Dauntless) set a date to head north yet? The outside doesn’t look all that great right now.
Cheers!
Crusty Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:09 AM   #44

City: Palo Alto
Vessel Name: Ann-Elyse II
Vessel Model: North Pacific 45
Someone who's done it all before and knows their stuff so I could learn. It would be nice if this person was of the opposite sex, single and interesting. Sorry to be so boring but you asked.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:21 AM   #45
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty Chief View Post
I’m really looking forward to meeting up with you all in the Bay Area this summer. Were on the boat now getting her ready. First day of nice weather, spent all day cleaning Pairadice and now its “Happy Hour”. Has Richard (Dauntless) set a date to head north yet? The outside doesn’t look all that great right now.
Cheers!
Sounds like a great time, Crusty! I'll be on the Delta this summer between other land and air trips with family. July 4th is always a safe bet for a week or two aboard and August is another great month. Summer months favor the warm, dry air and fresh waters of the CA Delta. The Bay gets windy and cold that time of year.

Richard is returning here soon. Not sure of his planned departure but it may be a ways off....maybe months, not weeks.

Let us know when you're planning to visit and we can arrange for a delta tour! If you're interested, I might be convinced to show you the Secret Cove.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:31 AM   #46
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Re: Post #40. Oh dear...

Old 03-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #47
Guru

City: SchoolHouse Branch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdoc1 View Post
Someone who's done it all before and knows their stuff so I could learn. It would be nice if this person was of the opposite sex, single and interesting. Sorry to be so boring but you asked.
Another good reason to be shipwrecked. Is "opposite sex" even a thing anymore? I've been told that facebook has fifty-something classifications for sexual orientation. Sounds like it's all relative but "opposite" may be too close to call. I always said that if the difference isn't obvious, it's not worth knowing. I think I'm too old for facebook. Who knows? Maybe that's one of their classifications.
Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #48
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat View Post
Another good reason to be shipwrecked. Is "opposite sex" even a thing anymore? I've been told that facebook has fifty-something classifications for sexual orientation. Sounds like it's all relative but "opposite" may be too close to call. I always said that if the difference isn't obvious, it's not worth knowing. I think I'm too old for facebook. Who knows? Maybe that's one of their classifications.
To me it's crystal clear.

Sure I get the variations on a theme, but I know what I prefer.

Everything else is OK, just not what I choose.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #49
Guru

City: Adelaide
Vessel Name: Kokanee
Vessel Model: Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
I'd enjoy cruising with most of the folk on here. The only folk I shy away from for cruising partners are those who turn green at the sight of a wave.

I think I'd really enjoy cruise with Fish53 in the boat on his avatar.
I kinda like his dry sense of humour and I'm sure I'd learn a thing or three.
AusCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #50
Guru

City: Palm Coast, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat View Post

having HS/college age kids helps to explain things. Things like "gender fluid", and "gender neutral". etc. What do you think of these?
diver dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #51
TF Site Team

City: JAX, FL
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
Quote:
Originally Posted by diver dave View Post
having HS/college age kids helps to explain things. Things like "gender fluid", and "gender neutral". etc. What do you think of these?
Let’s save that for another forum please. Thanks in advance.
Larry M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #52
TF Site Team

City: Paris,TN
Vessel Name: William
Vessel Model: Outer reef 32
There are so many of you that I would like sail with: RT Firefly ,FlyWright , Larry M ,Crusty, OC Diver, the list could go on and on. There’s a lot of nice folks here on the forum and hopefully one day we can get out and meet some of you.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #53
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
A day or overnight trip is one thing. A couple of weeks or more can be another.

My surgeon says I should be able to drive/pilot by VE day (but I'll be leaving the day before for a three-week Alaska cruise.)
Attached Thumbnails
radiated mark.jpg  
Old 03-10-2019, 10:40 PM   #54
Guru

City: San Diego
I think I'd opt for a ride with psneeld. We have similar backgrounds in helicopters and search and rescue. He has considerably more sea time than I which would expand my learning curve. He was USCG and I Navy. Lots to talk about. (My boat of course!)
Attached Thumbnails
Sandpiper.jpg  
Old 03-10-2019, 11:57 PM   #55

City: Camarillo
Who would you sail with

I have a couple or 4 crew guys that are buddies that have sailed with me a few times & I would sail with them again, any time & any where.

I would certainly sail with my buddy, Richard Bost - on his boat or mine.

Alfa Mike
alfamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #56
FF
Guru

Day sails are usually fun but a cruise with unknown folks could be a question , it might be a long walk or swim home.

Happily some TF , and SSCA folks come to visit during the winter , as I keep dock open for O'nite visitors.

Always a standing invitation , especially for folks that need use of a woodworking shop .

Located just west of the Ortona Lock between Moore Haven and La Belle on the Caloosahatchie .
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #57

City: Lafayette, LA
Vessel Name: presently boatless
Because of my passion for speckle trout fishing, I would love to hook up with Paul on
Cajun Rose on a trip to the Chandeliers. Love his old, refurbished Biloxi Lugger.
ragin cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #58
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin cajun View Post
Because of my passion for speckle trout fishing, I would love to hook up with Paul on
Cajun Rose on a trip to the Chandeliers. Love his old, refurbished Biloxi Lugger.
Chandaleurs are definitely on my bucket list. I am not even a big fisherman. It just looks like an amazing place.
Meridian 411...T-Cummins 450C
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #59

City: Southern California
Vessel Model: Mainship 390
Seriously... nobody has mentioned BandB? They sound like a cool, intelligent couple, nice boats, and Wifey... well she’s been a source of pleasant and witty amusement for years here.

I’d like a second vote... for Janice. Love to meet and have her for an anchorage neighbor.
Phyrcooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #60
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrcooler View Post
Seriously... nobody has mentioned BandB? They sound like a cool, intelligent couple, nice boats, and Wifey... well she’s been a source of pleasant and witty amusement for years here.

I’d like a second vote... for Janice. Love to meet and have her for an anchorage neighbor.
Wifey B: But I like speed. Plus way too much nudity and skimpy bikinis for you guys. I do appreciate the kind words though.

Plus the fact we don't serve booze aboard is a big negative.

Thing is outside those here who have actually spent time together, speculating on who they'd enjoy an extended cruise with is like gallery shooting. Someone might be huge fun here and a total %$# in person.

Just finished a great tennis match. Went to play and returned home by water. Now, being totally lazy. Putting everything off till tomorrow.

BandB is offline   Reply With Quote