Who wants a TF burgee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many flags would you order?

Votes: 61 91.0%

Votes: 6 9.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayfarer

Guru
Vessel Name
Sylphide
Vessel Make
Kingston Aluminum Yacht 44' Custom
Hiya Folks,

I know it looks like a poll, but I promise I'm not asking for a vote. We figured this would be the easiest way to tally up how many we'd be ordering.

We're still trying to pinpoint who will be making the flags. We're reviewing fabric samples, colors, and the logistics of shipping. We're hoping that you'll be able to order from the manufacturer directly.

Price hasn't been nailed down yet, since that depends on how many we order, but so far we haven't had any quotes over 75 dollars apiece. When we know for sure, we'll let you know.

So, who wants one? Check the box next to how many you'd like.

Check the box where? Link please?

Check the box where? Link please?

The poll is listed above the first post on the browser page. I don't believe app users can see polls, but if you go to this page in your browser, you should be able to vote, even if you're on your phone.

You need to access TF website via a browser.
The app doesn't support the poll function

Bump

Why isn't zero a choice, especially if you are looking to gauge enough interest to have them made?

Why isn't zero a choice, especially if you are looking to gauge enough interest to have them made?

Just looking to judge a minimum order # to meet a price break point is all. How many members are NOT interested is irrelevant to the conversation. The minimums are surprisingly low so it shouldn't be an issue. We are trying to stay away from one of us having to put out the money for a minimum order and then handle the sale to members out of a garage. One of the three vendors we are talking to will setup a web page where members can go order and pay on their own w/o any involvement by us.

We are close and two sample burgees are on their way for review. High quality coated fabric, hand sewn workmanship, applique logo. Nothing printed. Highest quote is $75, lowest quote in the $20's. So low that we are requesting a sample showing that it is what they say it is. All vendors are fairly well known and respected so we are hopeful that the lowest price is a function of their popularity in the market not of a cheapening of our product.

That's a pretty wide variation.

FWIW, a price point in the 20's may convince me to spring for two. $75 will probably result in a purchase of zero, by me.

Maybe I'm the biggest cheapskate of the group, so I don't feel comfortable answering the poll until we have a better idea of price.

Greetings,
Messrs. fb & W. Perhaps if you were able to put an anticipated maximum price per unit you may have more takers. I agree, $20 to $75 is quite a range.

At a reasonable price (not necessarily 2$ but neither 200$) I would be interested (sorry using android app so no poll).

L

Australian Burgee Purchasers

To Aussie TF members who'd like a burgee: I am happy to act as consolidator if you want to PM me in due course. Shipping costs should be much less if one person buys for all and then on-ships once here.

Just a reminder folks, while the poll function doesn't work on the app, you should still find the poll even if you're on your mobile device by clicking here:

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/who-wants-tf-burgee-42076.html#

and opening the link in your internet browser.

Thanks to all who have participated so far. As much as I'd love to tell you how much they'll be exactly, unfortunately we don't know just yet, but knowing how many people might be interested is part of us being able to figure it out. It's a catch 22 for sure, since many people wont be interested until we know how much it costs.

Got to start somewhere, right? So today, we'll assume the chicken came first. There's no commitment at this point for anyone anyway.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. CT. I can't find it now but I was given a $3.97 option by Mr. fb.

Mr RTF:
You are indeed correct, $3.97 was the amount quoted. However, you seem to have forgotten that it was 19 PAYMENTS of $3.97. Sorry to bust your burgee.

menzies
The zero option is pretty simple... just don't respond to the poll!
We are not taking commitments at this point and there is no requirement that everyone weighs in... only if there is interest.

If we get a better response we can go for a higher qty and the price will be a little better w/ higher qty.

That's a pretty wide variation.

FWIW, a price point in the 20's may convince me to spring for two. $75 will probably result in a purchase of zero, by me.

Maybe I'm the biggest cheapskate of the group, so I don't feel comfortable answering the poll until we have a better idea of price.

Tom - Agree that's why we have taken some additional time to consider other options / suppliers.
We hoped to have a better handle on cost range by now but we weren't ready to accept a first offer or jump at the low cost w/o looking at their work & quality.

To Aussie TF members who'd like a burgee: I am happy to act as consolidator if you want to PM me in due course. Shipping costs should be much less if one person buys for all and then on-ships once here.

Paul
That's a great approach and should help keep costs more reasonable.
We are trying to get a vendor to handle the orders and S&H but obviously that will increase costs - especially for individual international shipping.

If others in international locations would be willing to do the same please let us know and we will try to steer folks to a "local" coordinator / consolidator.

Bump. We have 50 tentative "buys". I think that is at the lower end of what we expected. I believe one of the vendors has a price break at 75 if I remember right. Not sure if we will use them but keep them coming..

Greetings Earthlings. Just another bump to keep this visible. Just another reminder that this tally will close and be added up on 12/22 at about noon eastern US time, 1700 Zulu.

Anyone else think they may want a TF Burgee?

I would have bought 6 had my favorite burgee design won...

:dance:

Another bump.

I would have bought 6 had my favorite burgee design won...

:dance:

Yep....but then 32 others would have dropped off and not ordered.....

:dance::dance:

:) Sorry, had to say that. Order one. Rumor is that each will contain the missing map to the treasure on Oak Island. Try to be first. :)

I will take one. Can’t find the poll on my phone. Sorry.

Ok I got it added to the poll. Thanks.

67 and counting. Just about 48 hours until the count closes. Reserve yours today!

I bit for one. We'll see if it gets across the border but I will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom