Where or Where is The Pooper Station in Mazatlan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
For our Canadian friends and those purist in Puget Sound and the Columbia River. Crusty and I have been searching high and low for a poop pumpout station in Mazatlan Mexico.

We walked the docks looking for the hose and pump. None to be found.
We now realize we are in a severe dilemma that with 4 old folks we have come to the conclusion we have filled the blackwater tank with only 2-4 flushes left! What to do?

Upon further investigation with cervesas in hands we contacted the locals on how to solve this dire situation. According to our translation they informed us that it goes directly over the sides.

We looked at them dumbfounded ly. They asked us if we had ever seen a humpback whale expell bodily fluids in the ocean. You wouldn't think twice about our 40 gallons of boat waste when compared to said Whale.

So here we sit with cigars and scotches in hand we determined the only right American thing to do is wait till dark, turn the lever on the through hull valve, flip the switch to the macerator on and pump the tank clean on an out going tide!!

Now we can breath easy as we know we have another 40 gallons to fill the tank. No smells and water clarity issues to be concerned about like Victoria, Seattle and Portland.

So here is to third world countries that have figured out how to solve this dilemma.

In the meantime we are out catching fish and yes Kay kicked my ass again. 20201108_093159.jpeg20201108_132227.jpeg

Probably need to do what we do in the Bahamas. Next time running off shore empty the tank before going into the marina or anchorage. No matter how much is in there, empty before going in.

Welcome to Mexico. Keep that in mind if you are thinking about going for a swim.

We are enjoying the retired life. The above was just an attempt to stir folks up and have some fun along the way. Life in Mexico is so laid back and relaxing.

Thanks to Pairadice for a wonderful week in the sun.

You wouldn't think twice about our 40 gallons of boat waste when compared to said Whale.

So true. Though one would think that a boat and a whale have at least one thing in common. Said expulsion should occur out at sea, rather than the marina. ;)

Our holding tank is the equivalent of about 110 gallons.
Never used a pump out facility

Light a wad of plastic and throw it overboard just before pumping.. people will not notice the smell.. or the poo in the water !
Buen venidos a Mexico!

HOLLYWOOD

Any dramas getting into Mexico?
I'm guessing not being Canadian and you are there.
What about US? are they locked out?

Here in Oz they still wont let us out easily unless going for 3 mths or more, but Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand pretty much wont let us in.

Marina Mazatlan had pump out, was it no longer working? In fact, they charge a small daily charge whether you use it or not and an extra charge if you require extra pumpouts.

Marina Mazatlan had pump out, was it no longer working? In fact, they charge a small daily charge whether you use it or not and an extra charge if you require extra pumpouts.
Not at El Cid Marina. No matter. We are leaving tomorrow and Pairadice heading south in a week.

Not at El Cid Marina. No matter. We are leaving tomorrow and Pairadice heading south in a week.

Well, for next time, you could just make a quick trip, less than half a mile, for a pump out. Marina Mazatlan has it. We didn't dock at El Cid but guess they're more interested in resort.

Well, for next time, you could just make a quick trip, less than half a mile, for a pump out. Marina Mazatlan has it. We didn't dock at El Cid but guess they're more interested in resort.
Probably won't be a next time as I am a polor bear and like the cool stuff.

A lot of serious posts for a stir the pot post from two old salty sailors!

A lot of serious posts for a stir the pot post from two old salty sailors!

I believe its may be more that a lot of us on here have experienced ignorant boaters who dump into marinas and anchorages where, with a little bit of planning, they could have disgorged into 1000+ feet of quicker moving water.

So maybe we didn't quite see the joke?

Just to clarify, no, we did not pump out in the Marina. We did dump about 6 miles off shore while fishing.
Maybe the abundance of cocktails after returning had some influence on making light of the subject. If we offended anyone please accept our apologies.
El Sid Marina is a very nice resort and we have enjoyed it on several occasions this year and would recommend it to anyone that travels to this facility, especially by boat.

Cheers

Just to clarify, no, we did not pump out in the Marina. We did dump about 6 miles off shore while fishing.
Maybe the abundance of cocktails after returning had some influence on making light of the subject. If we offended anyone please accept our apologies.
El Sid Marina is a very nice resort and we have enjoyed it on several occasions this year and would recommend it to anyone that travels to this facility, especially by boat.

Cheers

I'm still shocked they don't have pump out and just wanted to inform you who did in Mazatlan, since ASD said you'd been searching high and low.

We dumped offshore on our way there, but then with six aboard and a relatively small holding tank, we pumped out twice at the marina before heading back offshore again on the way to Puerto Vallarta.

We've stayed at another El Sid. I don't recall why we chose Mazatlan over them there. Sure there have been major changes in the four years.

I'm still shocked they don't have pump out and just wanted to inform you who did in Mazatlan, since ASD said you'd been searching high and low.

We dumped offshore on our way there, but then with six aboard and a relatively small holding tank, we pumped out twice at the marina before heading back offshore again on the way to Puerto Vallarta.

We've stayed at another El Sid. I don't recall why we chose Mazatlan over them there. Sure there have been major changes in the four years.

The main reason we have stayed here at El Sid is the amenities. Two swimming pools, several restaurants and lots of entertainment. Very professional staff going all out to protect the guests, and this time we got great rates for moorage. $400.00 USD for 2 weeks. I suspect that with the Panama Posse discount (20 %) and the lack of people traveling, the management was happy to see cruisers. Ive only seen a couple cruising boats come in the entrance, and hotel reservations are down significantly. We wanted Tom & Kay to enjoy the visit and just about all items were ticked off the bucket list for them. We will be departing in about 4 days if the weather holds for another overnight passage to Puerto Vallarta for a short stay before heading to Bari Navidad for the Panama Posse meetup.

The main reason we have stayed here at El Sid is the amenities. Two swimming pools, several restaurants and lots of entertainment. Very professional staff going all out to protect the guests, and this time we got great rates for moorage. $400.00 USD for 2 weeks. I suspect that with the Panama Posse discount (20 %) and the lack of people traveling, the management was happy to see cruisers. Ive only seen a couple cruising boats come in the entrance, and hotel reservations are down significantly. We wanted Tom & Kay to enjoy the visit and just about all items were ticked off the bucket list for them. We will be departing in about 4 days if the weather holds for another overnight passage to Puerto Vallarta for a short stay before heading to Bari Navidad for the Panama Posse meetup.

Sounds like a great time for you all (y'all).

I think the poop post just set the wrong tone on a forum with a lot of cruisers who visit foreign ports.

Maybe lesson learned?

Sounds like a great time for you all (y'all).

I think the poop post just set the wrong tone on a forum with a lot of cruisers who visit foreign ports.

Maybe lesson learned?

Well dang, wrong tone, really? It was more of a joke than anything else with the way some react to pumpouts in the US with an almighty tone. If you were offended, get over it. :thumb:

Lots of threads here dealing with the seriousness of black take waste.

Were adult beverages involved prior to initiating the thread?

Tom, I appreciate the intended humor, yet, what is a quandary is in all my years and I am a life time Alaskan, I have never witnessed a visiting state side boat wander over to the Ketchikan pump out stations.(Three that I know of) If there are examples, trust me, they are Dodo bird rare.
I can recall the occasion a 48 Kadey Krogen came into Wrangell specifically to pump out. The Wrangell harbor crew appeared to read the manual (That is what it appeared, as they laid out hose that appeared foreign to their efforts). a real fire drill!!
You had to know and you so stated, that you would rouse the more pithy, holier than thou, folks. Remanence of the old ODE days. same players different pump out.
Happy to laugh with you Tom.

Tom, I appreciate the intended humor, yet, what is a quandary is in all my years and I am a life time Alaskan, I have never witnessed a visiting state side boat wander over to the Ketchikan pump out stations.(Three that I know of) If there are examples, trust me, they are Dodo bird rare.
I can recall the occasion a 48 Kadey Krogen came into Wrangell specifically to pump out. The Wrangell harbor crew appeared to read the manual (That is what it appeared, as they laid out hose that appeared foreign to their efforts). a real fire drill!!
You had to know and you so stated, that you would rouse the more pithy, holier than thou, folks. Remanence of the old ODE days. same players different pump out.
Happy to laugh with you Tom.

And another eloquent reply from the Man himself, Ketchikan Al. Hope all is well with you and yours, we toasted to you guys a few days ago when Tom & Kay came to visit. I suspect the cold weather has arrived and the wood stove is keeping you both warm and toasty. Comfortable 85 today with a nice offshore breeze her in Mexico.

Cheers Buddy!

:noel:No cold weather, Global warming you know.:lol: One wood fire so far but it has been a bit damp we are at 148.7 inches 2020 as of end Oct. 10.6 inches in October.
The 'Mist' does tend to keep the riff-raf out during the winter.
Speaking of riff-raf excited to read of your join-up with Tom and crew. It will serve you well to justify turning South away from the Columbia River Rat.:dance:
Will enjoy following your adventure as will the forum.
Best to all:flowers:
Al

:noel:No cold weather, Global warming you know.:lol: One wood fire so far but it has been a bit damp we are at 148.7 inches 2020 as of end Oct. 10.6 inches in October.
The 'Mist' does tend to keep the riff-raf out during the winter.
Speaking of riff-raf excited to read of your join-up with Tom and crew. It will serve you well to justify turning South away from the Columbia River Rat.:dance:
Will enjoy following your adventure as will the forum.
Best to all:flowers:
Al

Al did you not get the word? You have been voted as President to the Alaska Global Warming Initiative. Our Goal? To turn Alaska back to the tropical paradise it once was many thousands and thousands years ago!:socool::D

Now there are times when Pairadice almost turned back north. Don't let him kid you. Then he sees the 38f and rain and he looks at me and says: Nope we are heading further south!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom