Where to get fuel manifold?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

albinalaska

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sea Gypsy
Vessel Make
1979 Albin Trawler 36'
Greetings!

Been a minute since I’ve posted on here- I’m curious what the hive knows about who’s making fuel manifolds out there. I’ve come up short with my sources and am looking to have a couple fabricated. Any insights or leads would be top notch! We live in Alaska so we were eyeing the west coast but open to wherever we have to go.

Appreciate it!

Kyle

Groco makes a nice one .

Thanks Marty!

I'll check them out again but I'm looking for a custom rail that can feed our specific systems.

Kyle

You can make them yourself, with tees, nipples, ball valves, and the appropriate hose fittings.

For permanent fittings I like to use MarineTex to seal the fittings. Just use enough the first try and wipe off the extra. You can set the angle of the fittings and the MarineTex will take up the slack and seal it. I assemble it all one time tight and record the number of turns on each fitting to tight and then I don’t have to back off a fitting to get the correct angle.

I used brass fittings from Home Depot.

Had air leaks off and on for awhile.

If I did it over again, I would use copper pipe and solder/braze it. I can still do that with the screw fittings, but they run up the cost to avoid soldering/brazing.

Attachments

• Photo073.jpg
    Photo073.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I,ve made mflds. From square aluminum rod. Bit of fabricating.
Could also use alum. tubing , 1/4", wall and get fabbed ,welded.
Also done the fittings using a GOOD sealer such as Rectorseal #5 . Wipe off excess after assembly.
Just secure properly whatever you do.

Bronze is tougher than brass , just go to the local prop shop and purchase a discarded length of shaft , cut it a foot long and have the shop drill a 1/2 inch hole thru the center. The price should be reasonable so have them do a couple.

Will make great X Mass gifts .

Drill and tap as desired.

If you want something custom and you are not overly price sensitive, try Coastal Tanks out of Bellingham WA. They made all the fuel tanks & manifolds for the NW boat builders and the milk industry.

You can make them yourself, with tees, nipples, ball valves, and the appropriate hose fittings.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

Pretty easy to do.

Thats what I thought, quick and easy to make, but a big PIA if you have an air leak.

If you want something a bit more compact and perhaps a bit better looking, McMaster sells a variety of manifolds, many targeted for compressed air, but usable for fuel as well. Another option is Sure Marine who sell a variety of manifolds aimed at hydronic heating systems, but again useable for fuel just as well.

If you want something custom and you are not overly price sensitive, try Coastal Tanks out of Bellingham WA. They made all the fuel tanks & manifolds for the NW boat builders and the milk industry.

Im actually working with Coastal for a fresh water tank and they've informed me they don't make manifolds. Maybe not for end users anyways. Or maybe they've changed since they are under new management.

Im actually working with Coastal for a fresh water tank and they've informed me they don't make manifolds. Maybe not for end users anyways. Or maybe they've changed since they are under new management.

I am guessing, like everyone else in the marine business, they are just to busy to mess with something that they are not set up to do all the time.

Stout beat me to it. Reverso makes excellent manifolds.

Just make sure the Reverso manifold you buy for fuel is aluminum and not Starboard. Or it will leak.

DDW: The listed Reverso manifolds are powder coated aluminum. You are correct on the starboard ones, we had to replace one with an aluminum unit on our last boat. I do not think they still make the starboard units.

I have purchased 3 of these manifolds in the past year. Highly recommend them.
I have a 4 port for a diesel fuel supply from our tanks, a 3 port manifold for a fuel pump priming set up to bleed the lines when needed or upon filter change and 1 in my oil changing system.
Each of these units replaced a do it yourself set that was nothing but trouble.

https://www.keenanfilters.com/products/

Back
Top Bottom