Where to find a 32v battery Charger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliet 15

Vessel Name
Knot Hours
Vessel Make
Hatteras 58 LRC
My 32v Hat 58 LRC has an arrangement for that basically has a 30 amp charger charging 4 x 8v engine start batteries and 4 8v bow thruster batteries. Needless to say that charger is overworked.

The only 32v marine charger I can find for sale is a Newmar for $1600 or a Sentry model (Sam's Marine) for $2800.

Anyone know where I can find a 32v charger?

Don’t know about 32 volt chargers. We looked at a 58 LRC a couple of weeks ago. I loved it but the wife not so much. Anyway the broker said the owner had the marina rewire it so that it didn’t have the 32 volt circuits anymore. I didn’t really check too far into that statement since the wife said no on the boat but I wonder if that is why the owner had the 32 volt stuff removed. I actually don’t even know what was 12, 24 or 32 volt on the boat, but it had panels for each, many many panels. Wish she liked the boat because I loved it...

Yeah, ripping out all the wiring is tough. The engines are 32v, the thruster is as well, as are the DC lights and other stuff.

Mine has a 12v system as well, that parallels most of the 32v system. Unfortunately, the engine starters and thruster are 32v and there's no getting around it.

Hoping for someone parting out an older 32v boat/electrical system.

I wonder if a 36v charger would work? I found one of those.

Attachments

• sterling.JPG
    sterling.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 18
I have my original 32v lemarche charger but recently replaced both of my 32v banks (8 batteries) and also looking for a smart charger and found analytics has a 32v for Around $1200. I haven’t replaced mine yet so it’s on my list for next year.

The Sterling web site says you can preorder one for 580.00 and they will ship in December. For 60 amps at 32 volts that price looks pretty good versus what you guys are quoting. Maybe get in line for shipment since they may be in high demand???

Lepke, you're amazing. This is exactly what I'm looking for, and reasonably priced. Thank you friend. I'm on it!
Not amazing, just lived a long time and keep my ears open.

I have a Sterling 12v 60 amp. It's programmable for a variety of battery types. I still use lead acid batteries.

I wish I had a 32v system, but too much to switch over.

I know some guys who have installed the Analytics 32v chargers and been quite happy with them. Another alternative is to get an Outback 32v inverter charger (great stuff, btw), beef up the house bank and use a relay to charge the other bank.

If you have questions about a Hatteras and do not ask them on the Hatteras Owners Forum, then you are not getting the whole picture.

"I have my original 32v lemarche charger"

These were known as a Constavolt and that is what they did,quite well.

Dockside as DC loads were applied the Constavolt would hold the DC voltage at about 12.8 and seldom went above 13,5v , so they were hardly strong chargers , but were great at their job and the batt bank seldom needed to be watered.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom