Where Do You Get Your Oil Samples Analyzed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
most large towns have oil testing labs, lots of big trucks have their oil checked regularly...every catapiller shop does it! if/when you have one done, have them show you show to read it...it`ll show ring blow by,oil used/added, all kinds of things...clyde

Blackstone will analyze any fluid you send them. Engine oil, transmission fluid, rear end automotive grease, etc. I suppose they would analyze you windshield washer fluid if you had a reason.

pete

Who do you have analyze your oil samples? Do they analyze samples regardless of the motor make? I have DD 4-71s and Onan generators. Do places only do, say, Detroit motors, and others only analyze Cummins, etc?

I use Oil Analyzers Inc. You can order the pump and siphon tube from them as well as the bottle/mailer kit. I would not recommend going through a local diesel shop. All they do is add delay and in my case lost the samples.

Part of the mailer requires that you identify the type and grade of oil, as well as the motor make and model. They will issue a report that considers those variables.

The key is to repeat at regular (I do this annually) intervals.

~Alan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom