What's your drug of choice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might, single-handedly, enlighten and launch to the whole of North America, the mightiness of the (culinary) Mites.
;)

Wasn't this already tried with breadfruit? :D

Boiled shrimp.

And, yes, adrenalin is a hell of a drug. It took me a while to realize that I was hooked on it like any junkie.

I made a lot better decisions in life after figuring that out. :)

Good coffee and red wine. Sometimes one in each hand.

Recovering adrenaline junkie. Sober for about five or six years now.

Kettle chips and Diet Coke. Never Diet Pepsi.

Greetings,
5 year old thread. Just quickly scrolled through from the first. Lots of familiar names....

And I still have 95% of a jar of Marmite in my fridge. A quick Google search says that Marmite doesn't go bad past it's expiration date. It doesn't take up much room, so I put it back in.

(My guess is because it may never had been "good")

Attachments

• Jet Fuel Only.jpg
    Jet Fuel Only.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 171
I "grew up" in the SF Bay Area during the 60's and 70's, and all that implies. (And I mean all)

Cruising full time is by far the strongest drug of all, followed by just any other kind of boating.

Peanut butter and jam or honey or banana sandwiches, with coconut oil on brown bread.

Must be natural smooth peanut butter with no additives; the kind you have to stir up before using.

Two of them before bed every night. Even have them for lunch sometimes, and take them on hikes. You'd think I'd get bored, but no-way no-how will I ever get tired of them!

Must be over 30 years without 'drugs' and over a decade without booze :thumb:

Last edited:
Peanut butter and jam or honey or banana sandwiches, with coconut oil on brown bread.

Must be natural smooth peanut butter with no additives; the kind you have to stir up before using.

Two of them before bed every night. Even have them for lunch sometimes, and take them on hikes. You'd think I'd get bored, but no-way no-how will I ever get tired of them!

Must be over 30 years without 'drugs' and over a decade without booze :thumb:

:flowers:Murray, we differ in so many ways and here again,Damn! The peanut butter must be 'Adams' Natural 'Cruncy' and yes, it has to be stired. Up for whole wheat toast, Cruncy Adams, with banana slices. Ummm ummm Good.:smitten:
Have you beat on booze, over 55 years and 47 on smoking, never dope, but now big time with CBD- (Cancer cell abatement, arthritus, blood pressure, pre-diabetus all under control due to CBD Sleep like a log, no stress)

Boats. Hands down my biggest drug. Wife says I'm horribly addicted so I joined boatalcoholics anonymous but ended up buying a really nice 1955 Century off another addict in the group session so decided to quit.
I could think of worse things so I've just accepted things as they are....

:flowers:Murray, we differ in so many ways and here again,Damn! The peanut butter must be 'Adams' Natural 'Cruncy' and yes, it has to be stired. Up for whole wheat toast, Cruncy Adams, with banana slices. Ummm ummm Good.:smitten:
Have you beat on booze, over 55 years and 47 on smoking, never dope, but now big time with CBD- (Cancer cell abatement, arthritus, blood pressure, pre-diabetus all under control due to CBD Sleep like a log, no stress)

Oh Al...

Our friendship has survived our being diametrically opposed on many issues, but CRUNCHY peanut butter?!!?

You've gone waaaaay too far this time!

Hope to follow your lead re: booze & cigarettes :thumb:

Boats. Hands down my biggest drug. Wife says I'm horribly addicted so I joined boatalcoholics anonymous but ended up buying a really nice 1955 Century off another addict in the group session so decided to quit.
I could think of worse things so I've just accepted things as they are....

Wifey B: You shouldn't have quit. You might have found other good buys. :D

A bit like joining sex addicts group to pick up guys or girls. :)

shopping

Sushi.
Ribeyes and decent Cabernet
Good beer.
Fatties.
etc.

Its all good.
5 years ago you could buy 107 for $27. Then the burbon frenzy scam drove it sky high. Can't find it now.
Capture%2B_2021-02-21-07-00-40.jpeg

Crunchy? Are you kidding?

Must be natural smooth peanut butter with no additives.
Would you put crunchy oil in your diesels?

Mine on rice cakes - good shelf life for cruising and fewer carbs than bread so I can rationalize eating more peanut butter.

Anything boats and a craft porter or stout that is so dark it is indistinguishable from a black hole.

Wifey B: You shouldn't have quit. You might have found other good buys. :D

A bit like joining sex addicts group to pick up guys or girls. :)

Ok Wifey B, this is the second time you've mentioned sex in this thread. You're going to get a reputation if you continue this sort of thing. :D:D

Queso.

Attachments

• roundbale1-63bestweb.jpg
    roundbale1-63bestweb.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 15
And I still have 95% of a jar of Marmite in my fridge. A quick Google search says that Marmite doesn't go bad past it's expiration date. It doesn't take up much room, so I put it back in.

(My guess is because it may never had been "good")

Had to look it up since I never heard of it.
It vanished from US markets in the 1950s. Not banned in: Based on the supplier list, still A-OK in China and sometimes the cause for blocked imports from China. ... Really, are we supposed to think that the US is overlooking something Denmark didn't when it banned Marmite (and Ovaltine!)
Must be made of the same stuff of those fries you find under the car seat.
:ermm:

I'm not sure why anyone needs meth when cookies and pizza are a thing.

Johnnie walker red, Romeo Y Julieta 1875, and a quiet cove with my beautiful wife.

If the boat has no reefer, Ballentine Ale lowered 30-40 ft at anchor will be cool enough to enjoy.

Only American brew that is OK, just cool.

Back
Top Bottom