What is this? (Picture)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So never got the answer! Is this a POS Taiwan Boat? Floating in LN-RTP’s Canal? Hopefully no one has one of those boats on here!!?��

If it was a real POS Taiwan boat - would it be floating?

it was towed in @ 11pm 2 months ago.
Never moved, or been worked on since.
On its last legs as far as looks and lack of maintenance.
Good brand, good bones or a pos taiwan junkie?

l
o
l

Last edited by a moderator:
So never got the answer! Is this a POS Taiwan Boat? Floating in LN-RTP’s Canal? Hopefully no one has one of those boats on here!!?��

Sorry if I stepped on sore toes here:
I have worked on and operated a few Taiwanese boats that was built less than stellar.
I am also aware of good yards in Taiwan.
My apologies.

I would be very careful before characterizing any boats as POS. Maybe not everyone is as fortunate as you to own a gold plater. But most everyone that owns a POS boat has pride in their boat and most will take it personally when you call their boat a POS. I don’t like to castigate anyone but we all try to keep it cordial here and casting aspersions at others boats doesn’t help. The old saying if you can’t say something nice then don’t say anything might apply.

Agree and I apologized above.
Please read my previous message.

Climb into your dink, or use an innertube ,and paddle over and copy down the hull numbers cast into the stern.

Climb into your dink, or use an innertube ,and paddle over and copy down the hull numbers cast into the stern.

Why would I?
It was established on a previous page that this is a Nova Sundeck with an extended cockpit.
No dink, or inner tube, a bit easier to post a picture and ask a question.

Really, really good, high capacity bilge pumps/??

Same dock, 10 years ago, a 46 foot sailboat sank.
Got it floating again, wooden boat, sprung a plank.
End of that boat. :eek:

Same dock, 10 years ago, a 46 foot sailboat sank.
Got it floating again, wooden boat, sprung a plank.
End of that boat. :eek:

Somehow I keep thinking of an old Johnny Rivers (no pun intended) tune, "Poor Side of Town"...

Maybe a Tollycraft?

Somehow I keep thinking of an old Johnny Rivers (no pun intended) tune, "Poor Side of Town"...

Yup, I have been thinking the same, wrong side of the tracks, boats come here to die:)
Naah, not that bad, dock rent have been going up from $10 per foot per month during the recession to $13 or more now, easily $500 a month to rent a non-liveaboard slip around here.
Occasionally we get a junk boat. Curious on this one because I can’t turn my boat here any more, have to go up the canal, do a 180 and come back.
Reason I posted was to see if the boat was listed for sale, but needed a brand and model . Got it now, all good.
Thx.

If anybody needs dock rental, I got 40’ available, $13 per foot, minimum $500.00 / month.
Smack in the middle of Fort Lauderdale, Citrus Isles, zip 33315, good hurricane hole.
45 minutes from the ocean and 35 minutes from the ICW.
No liveaboards, limited external maintenance (sanding, painting, etc)
Short term ok, easy landlord, 10 mins Uber from FLL airport.
Max beam 14’, max draft 5’6”.
30/50 amp power available as well as water on dock.
Also security cameras with internet access monitoring dock and boats,

I would be very careful before characterizing any boats as POS. Maybe not everyone is as fortunate as you to own a gold plater. But most everyone that owns a POS boat has pride in their boat and most will take it personally when you call their boat a POS. I don’t like to castigate anyone but we all try to keep it cordial here and casting aspersions at others boats doesn’t help. The old saying if you can’t say something nice then don’t say anything might apply.

Amen brutha!!! This post almost needs to be stickied!!!! I am one of those people that loves to walk docks looking at boats. I always told anyone that was with me to never speak poorly of any boat that we were looking at. My motto is "whatever gets you out there"!!!! If it is a Bayliner...Hunter....Carver....WHATEVER.......if you are out there enjoying the water then that is all that matters. And guess what...People with Volvo powered boats have fun too!!!!.... I have much more resepct for someone in a "POS" out on the water having fun than some stuffy person at the dock going nowhere!!!!......Anyway....y'all have fun out there!!!

Last edited:
Imagine 14 days confined to cabin on the Diamond Princess waiting for corona virus clearance. I heard they are letting the "inside cabin" people out for a break before they go mad.

I have refused to get on a cruise ship for many years now. Anything goes pear shaped you are stuck on the darn thing. Plus, I don't like people. :D:D:D

Apparently you don't like the vessel moored there. Regardless of the make and mode,l the owner has the right to keep a vessel there as you do at your dock. If you're interested in the boat go knock on the door and introduce yourself perhaps make a friend.

If not, mind your own business.

Greetings,
Mr. LN. I know someone looking for dockage. 32' Uniflite. Made in the US of A. He DOES need power 24/7 for his 7 bilge pumps and guaranteed he won't be doing ANY external OR internal maintenance. Probably very long term. Do you have a contact #?

83198854_4054022674623647_3631428379577679872_n.jpg

RT, that one just needs a little pressure washing

Greetings,
Mr. LN. I know someone looking for dockage. 32' Uniflite. Made in the US of A. He DOES need power 24/7 for his 7 bilge pumps and guaranteed he won't be doing ANY external OR internal maintenance. Probably very long term. Do you have a contact #?

83198854_4054022674623647_3631428379577679872_n.jpg

WHY do people do that to their boats? They could have given it away. If boat have souls, the boat's soul is broken.

I have a friend that wanted to give away a nicely kept, running 1970s Trojan.

Not as easy as you think...people who want it for free are more trouble than the ones willing to pay a little...they are just harder to come across.

Just signing one over without them registering it I believe leaves you on the hook if they steam away, leave it to sink and you are still the registered owner.

Last edited:
I have a friend that wanted to give away a nicely kept, running 1970s Trojan.

Not as easy as you think...people who want it for free are more trouble than the ones willing to pay a little...they are just harder to come across.

Just signing one over without them registering it I believe leaves you on the hook if they steam away, leave it to sink and you are still the registered owner.

Donate it to perhaps a scout troop?

Apparently you don't like the vessel moored there. Regardless of the make and mode,l the owner has the right to keep a vessel there as you do at your dock. If you're interested in the boat go knock on the door and introduce yourself perhaps make a friend.

If not, mind your own business.

Aye, you are the owner?
Nice to meet you...
I was just curious as your boat was towed in 11PM at night and never moved since.
Do you plan to stay for the foreseeable future, or just temporary?
(Not my business what you do with the boat, but for planning purposes, this is a narrow canal and I can not get a bigger boat at my dock as long as your stay there.)
I am not complaining however, just curious as to what type/brand it is and if for sale as I have brokered a few deals in the ‘hood and could do it again.
As for the POS comment, that was more to the lack of maintenance rather than the brand.)
If you want to introduce yourself, wave across the canal and stop by for a beer and perhaps make a friend.

. ,l the owner has the right to keep a vessel there as you do at your dock.

Uh, no you don’t.
Won’t get too deep into legalities, but if you are owner of the boat you don’t have many rights as these docks can’t legally be rented.
Go to a marina or a boat yard, they are zoned for renting docks and you will be happy there, this one is great:
https://bahiamaryachtingcenter.com/

This thread is becoming more and more interesting :popcorn:

L

Back
Top Bottom