What new boat features is your old boat missing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, BigTime -- in post #28 above. That looks really nice. I like that you left the "structure" of the original seating in place, but just removed the front section. It seems like a good upgrade. Is that 12-volt and 120 power you ran up under the seat (front section of the old seat, under your new helm chair)? Also, what do you have to the starboard side of your helm chair? Nice job.

Hey, BigTime -- in post #28 above. That looks really nice. I like that you left the "structure" of the original seating in place, but just removed the front section. It seems like a good upgrade. Is that 12-volt and 120 power you ran up under the seat (front section of the old seat, under your new helm chair)? Also, what do you have to the starboard side of your helm chair? Nice job.

Thank you AZ2, I was questioning my plan as I was lowering the saw but I'm very happy with how it turned out. Yes that is a 120v & 12v receptacle behind the helm seat, the Engel cooler needs both so I placed the outlet where it would be convenient to use for other purposes. I'm enjoying having the 120v up top. The outboard unit is a Trident propane locker that holds two 20# tanks. I just installed a propane stove and got rid of the electric, I really did not like running the genset to cook while at anchor. The top of the locker also works nicely as an end table for my "stuff". Just finished my stove install yesterday, the propane locker has been in place about 6 months since I did the helm seat remodel.

Now on to my next project to build some davits. I met you anchored at Cumberland Island on Labor Day weekend. My mate and I were up there on her cat/ketch and you very kindly showed us the davits that you built when we came snooping in our dinghy.

Back
Top Bottom