What the Heck??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does the bed frame in that stateroom adjust? It looks like a spring clip to secure an adjustable bed frame in a certain position, where the squarish end wraps one portion of the sliding frame, and the circular end fits in a locking hole in the sliding portion of the other frame; as the previous poster says, you press the circular "button" to release the frame to adjust its length or width. Would explain why it landed next to your bed too.

Do you have any prosthetic device? Did you loose any part? :)

L

Joke apart, the part looks pretty small, would it be any kind of drawer/door spring? I mean the kind of thing to avoid noise when you close something.

L

I've seen something very similar in the extendable handle of a swimming pool leaf net. (as DZ mentioned)

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. "Do you have any prosthetic device?" I think Mr. hm answered that question in post #21.

Alien soul suckers use this to hold the victims mouth open while extracting their soul. You just had a very close call.

Is there a hatch overhead? Could it possibly be related to that?

This thread reminds me of a trick 'other' sailboat racing teams would engage in ... catapult a small piece of hardware into the sail and the part falling onto the deck created the opportunity to leverage the confusion - have to say I was never part of such trickery but was on one occasion confused by an additional shackle in the cockpit.

Greetings,
Mr. hm. Might it have migrated from another part of the boat or even ashore? Maybe got stuck in a sweater or pant leg, landed on the bed unnoticed and was kicked off during the night. Do you have any pets which might have carried it from somewhere else?

I don't think the "guesses" should be confined to what might be found in your stateroom although I think we've pretty well established it's NOT shoe related...

iu

Please send it back to me. I have been looking for it for a while. It dropped out of one of my Kayak paddles, being the button that you press to allow the two paddle ends to separate, or that which holds the two halves together. I have been using electrical tape as a work around, but that just doesn't look right.

While I do not know what it is, I can tell you it is by far the nicest one I have ever seen.

If you throw it away, the next day it will be obvious where it should be.
Toss it into a drawer and dont worry about it. Sometime in the future, its 'home' will become obvious.

Since yesterday OP did not reply, maybe this was keeping off the self destruction device :O

L

So did you piss off your SO? Do they know it would drive you crazy trying to figure it out? (Old regatta trick- put some hardware in you competitors sails so when hoisted it falls to the deck-general distracted them from sailing worrying about what was coming apart-it should be noted this does break racing rule #2)

It looks like the spring used on bi-fold doors that keeps them in the closed position when the hinge goes "over-center". Another possibility is a push-to-release drawer or cabinet door.

Views from other angles would be nice.
It looks fairly new and cheaply made to me so even if you throw it out I don't think you will discover it is some irreplaceable factory original part of your Grand Banks that you really need.

I think it may be from a ceiling light fixture. Or possibly from the sliding hatch portion of the aft companionway.

What is the model and dimension of your GB?

Isabella
42' GB Classic

No curtain rods. What about blinds? Mini blinds?

My SWAG is it could be a part of a mattress spring or part of one that is/was under the mattress for comfort and or to reduce mold causing moisture under the mattress by allowing better air circulation.

Bet it off bottom of chair or couch spring/batten. You heard it cause it shot out of something, did not fall.

If you throw it away, the next day it will be obvious where it should be.
Toss it into a drawer and dont worry about it. Sometime in the future, its 'home' will become obvious.

And then you will not remember where you "saved it"!

Back
Top Bottom