What did you wish you brought?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Nope. Do NOT go to the Bahamas. Terrible place. I'm sitting here in Alice Town in utter sadness. After breakfast (eggs, fresh bread, still warm from the oven and a cinnamon bun from the same oven) it was absolute horror and it continues. It's 75F with a nice south breeze, snacking on my fresh conch salad courtesy of Gary (the conch guy I can see off our stern) and we may go out for dinner...Hmmmm....Lobster? MORE conch? Sushi? (WHAT?-yup, right across the street). I'm simply devastated...

200.gif

Greetings,
Mr. LS. I wish I could but no camera and no knowledge of how to post them. Don't try to explain "how to" again. I've tried several times in the past with no success. Complete Luddite. Trust me this is torture...

Stock photo of where we're at:

I think you'll all agree it's pretty rough.

I remember one day about this time last year in the Bahamas. I had just finished a cracked conch lunch at the purple cafe ( I forget the name) on the beach in Staniel Cay and I was drinking ice cold beer and looking out over the crystal clear water, with no other boat in sight, and thinking. What am I doing here? This is horrible. :hide:

I can't wait to get there RT! I was watching the weather for you and it looked like you had a nice calm crossing!!! So happy to hear from you sir!

RT, it looks so nice, here is a view from our window,this morning.8,5 c outside temp.Image1494139516.559789.jpgImage1494139548.852859.jpgImage1494139571.219013.jpg

Greetings,
Ms. D. Observations after our first terrible week. Bring insect repellent and itch medication. We're OK but the young man in the boat next to us was "attacked" by no-see-ums. Not a bug in sight when the wind is blowing but the last two days have been relatively calm. Seems to be only no-see-ums with the very odd mosquito. Other than what has been mentioned, it's still a rotten place to visit...(not)

I can't wait to get there RT! I was watching the weather for you and it looked like you had a nice calm crossing!!! So happy to hear from you sir!

Good heavens don't tell me they have knighted RT Firefly.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom