Old 06-16-2021, 03:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Savannah
1984 Marine Trader Europa 36'

I'm wondering if anyone has any information on these boats. There is not a whole lot out there I can find on them so all info would be appreciated. Does anyone have experience with them and if so how seaworthy are they?
OliviaLubeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:42 PM   #2
Guru

City: US PNW
The Europa is less common but I would think they share a hull and general construction plusses and minusses with the MT 36' tri-cabin (model that has aft cabin).

The same hull looks to have been used for quite a few "Taiwan Trawlers," although builds may have varied.

At any rate, there were probably hundreds of tri-cabins for every Europa, so info on the tri-cabin may prove useful.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:39 PM   #3
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
I used to have a Clipper (CHB/Marine Trader) 34, of 1975 vintage, and of the sedan, now called Europa style - even rarer back then than in 1984. But yes, as Frosty says - they share most things with the tri, or aft cabin versions. The hulls were the same, and most mechanicals. Just the positioning of the bulk-heads the main difference, and obviously the smaller useful cockpit area of the tri-cabin version, and truncated length of the saloon to allow for the aft cabin.

In later years the Europa versions have tended to vastly outnumber the aft cabin versions on many designs, as the more practical and roomy cockpit of the latter took hold. Your vessel would probably be what we in Oz called the Blue Seas 36, which was, for quite some time, my anticipated move-up-to boat. Never happened..! The 34 proved adequate for all we needed. Great layout. If you buy one, you'll love it. And yes, they are very seaworthy.
Here's an example. Look like yours..?
https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/b...ridge-cruiser/

Here's another with photos...
https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...seas-36/263554
Old 07-11-2021, 09:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

City: Toronto
Vessel Name: TBIDO
Vessel Model: Island Gypsy 32
I'm currently looking at a 36 Europa. The only drawing I have been able to find shows a galley up salon with two cabins and a head with shower/tub forward and below. The pictures of the one I am looking at seems to show a single forward cabin. Anybody out there know what configurations this boat was offered in over the years? What other brands might it have been marketed under other than Marine Trader. I can't seem to find other versions of it showing for the usual suspects like CHB.
TBIDO
R. Bush is offline   Reply With Quote