What about the Fales 32

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoryTime

I've been boat looking, and this one seems to keep catching my eye... 1977 Fales Navigator sailboat for sale in North Carolina
I see it on this site, too. Does anyone know anything about these boats? I really like the look, and it seems strong and seaworthy, but it is hard to dig up any information on the Fales Navigator 32/33. I know there is a 'Willard/Fales' boxing match out there, but any information would be helpful. Anyone on this forum ever own one? Or been on one underway? Thanks

We tried to buy one several years ago but a deceitful broker and an ignorant surveyor chased us off. It was a good boat with a few problems but again, our confidence (first time buyers) was shattered by the "pros." It had a serious rudder issue but according to the broker, it was okay'd by a second surveyor, the yard mechanic, and even a marine engineer.
It's listed now as "sale pending" so we'll see if they can finally sell her. I'd always hoped for a chance to talk to the owner but it never got that far.
It had been from Canada to the Caribbean many times over the years. Seemed a most capable vessel.
Nope, never did ride it.http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=3873
Best of luck-
Eeber

Last edited:
My Fales has no rudder issues. She is a strong little boat.Personally, I like her alot. It's hard when you go through a broker, I think, because you don't get the one on one with the owner. The brokers interest is in selling the boat. That is my interest as well, however, I also want the new owner to like the boat and care for her. I hate going to boatyards and seeing nice boats rotting away. And yes DoryTime, the Fales does seem to have a limited amount of information out there. My boat came with some papers, some are poor quality photocopies, but I have been digging up bits of info here and there. If you would like to come and take a look at her, you can PM me, or email. Every boat is different, and until you see a particular vessel in person, you just don't know. Pictures help, but sometimes they are not representative of the actual boat. All in all, I love the look of the Fales 32. She is a great boat to live on, as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom