What about BandB ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
BandB, comprising Brett and Belle.

Authors of 21451 posts.
Silent since July2.

What happened ?

I don't think anyone knows, or if they do they have not posted about it. There can be all kind of reasons for not posting.

I just hope that they both remain in good health, and are not dealing with any major personal/friend/family emergencies.

Last edited:
I noticed their absence too. Being on a boat has not stopped them before. I hope they are well.

Brett has posted on YachtForums since 2013. He has made "only" 7,135 posts with his last one being on July 2nd. YF administrator has reached out to some private individuals that know him but he hasn't gotten a response. Of course we are hoping he is enjoying one of his yachts and having too much fun to type.

I miss their postings too. Hope they come back.

Maybe dopamine burnout. A good idea to take a break at times in our ever connected digital world.

I have been wondering as well. I, too, miss their posts. They never fail to bring the human element into even the most basic "nuts & bolts" of topics.

While we're on the subject, what happened to Ski, Badger, Menzies ......? I always look for Ski"s response on mechanical questions and I haven't seen one from him in a while. Badger and Menzies were very regular posters that just went MIA.

While we're on the subject, what happened to Ski, Badger, Menzies ......? I always look for Ski"s response on mechanical questions and I haven't seen one from him in a while. Badger and Menzies were very regular posters that just went MIA.

Menzies still posts on the MTOA forum. I was wondering about Ski myself.

John

I miss Ski’s mechanical posts, he was extremely knowledgeable.

Hopefully everyone is out on the water and not sitting in front of a computer.
'Tis the season '
Unlike me sitting in front of a computer......

Brett has posted on YachtForums since 2013. He has made "only" 7,135 posts with his last one being on July 2nd....
Maybe they made a new financial year resolution to abandon social media, but I doubt it. Something isn`t right. We never really know who posts under a name,or whether they in any way resemble/reflect their posting.

As we`re in "whatever happened to XXXX" mode what about Wayfarer(Dave)?

Both Brett and Belle posted under BandB. It is no coincidence that the last post on Both YachtForum.com and TrawlerForum.com were on 07/02/22, and that BOTH B and B stopped posting.

Either something has happened, or they have consciously decided together to reduce their presence on social media. The latter is far more likely.

Just curious if any TF members physically met either of them? Not asking for specifics or private information, just if someone ran into them at some point. I had some interactions via PM with Brett which were quite interesting. I do miss them posting, they added some great insight into business and some spice and much needed estrogen from Wifie B.

I hope all is well with them.

The disappearance of the B's since July 2nd is definitely unusual. One thing I will note is that Aug/Sept are the hottest months in South Florida.

But somehow I doubt their hiatus is a vacation.

Knowing their tilt towards charitable giving, I wouldn't be surprised if they are busy volunteering, making a positive difference somewhere in the lives of the less fortunate. The terribly destructive floods in Kentucky come to mind, as does the war in Ukraine.

Mrs. Trombley

But somehow I doubt their hiatus is a vacation.

Knowing their tilt towards charitable giving, I wouldn't be surprised if they are busy volunteering, making a positive difference somewhere in the lives of the less fortunate. The terribly destructive floods in Kentucky come to mind, as does the war in Ukraine.

Or perhaps they just finished construction of a gorgeous 100+ foot mega yacht, fully crewed, located in the Med, and are therefore a bit preoccupied to be posting about Rocnas versus Deltas.

I sent them a PM. If they get email notifications, they’ll know people are asking about them. I seem to recall Pilou and perhaps others had met them. Hope their absence is nothing more than a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom