And we're off to Seattle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where is their final destination?

The title of the thread might give you a hint.

Where is their final destination?

The title of the thread might give you a hint.

“Northern Ranger” is NOT the OP’s vessel.

Edit: Amazing how the omission of a simple word can have such an effect on the meaning. :)

Last edited:
Ridiculously calm heading toward the Strait. IMG_5255.jpg

Sheesh, yeah. I had meant to type Northern Ranger is NOT the OPs vessel.

Ha ha, I figured.

Anyhoo, we're safe and sound in Neah Bay. Gorgeous sunset coming in.

Plan is to leave tomorrow around 4am and shot for a run to Lake Union at 15 knots, getting in tomorrow around 1pm.

Today was SO much more relaxing given the calmer seas (other than near the Columbia River, which was "lumpy" as Captain Jack likes to say). I actually don't feel completely exhausted for once on this trip!

IMG_5299.jpg

Ha ha, I figured.

Anyhoo, we're safe and sound in Neah Bay. Gorgeous sunset coming in.

Plan is to leave tomorrow around 4am and shot for a run to Lake Union at 15 knots, getting in tomorrow around 1pm.

Today was SO much more relaxing given the calmer seas (other than near the Columbia River, which was "lumpy" as Captain Jack likes to say). I actually don't feel completely exhausted for once on this trip!

Beautiful photo.

I hope you have a smooth day tomorrow. Winds don’t look bad (according to Windy) for tomorrow. I’ll be interested to see how lumpy it is around Pt. Wilson. If my guess is right on your timing, you should be going around there close to slack?

We’ll keep an eye our for you in the morning. We’re departing Elliott Bay Marina 0600 on our way to Desolation Sound. Where is your home port?

We'll look out for you as well. We left Neah Bay around 5am.

Hard to tell from the photo, but a little choppy on the Strait. We're going against the current. Doing about 12 knots.

Yeah, wind against current will give you some chop. Fortunately, you don’t have much of either. You will be home before the wind picks up and the current will be slack in about an hour or so?

We’ll keep an eye our for you in the morning. We’re departing Elliott Bay Marina 0600 on our way to Desolation Sound. Where is your home port?

We saw you go by us and reached out on the vhf. Your buddy boat, Conundrum, answered and said you were having radio problems. Anyways, pretty boat!

Congrats! Did the trip from SF to the Columbia in 13.

IMG_0010.jpg

Just waiting for the locks, so close!

Well done! Hope you enjoyed yourself, I did following your InReach and posts ..... :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Since you brought you boat to Seattle, I'm assuming you'll be hitting the popular spots in British Columbia.

Nice job. You traveled just about the entire west coast of the US without hassles or major issues.

Now pat each other on the back for a job well done.

Are you going to do a wrap up of the trip?

Since you brought you boat to Seattle, I'm assuming you'll be hitting the popular spots in British Columbia.

I originally bought it in Vancouver and we took it to Seattle where it was then trucked down to SF. So I never got a chance to explore Seattle.

Live and learn. If I had to do this all over again, I would DEFINITELY have spent time up in the Pacific Northwest before taking it down.

And if I lived up in Seattle, I would probably not be selling it today.

Nice job. You traveled just about the entire west coast of the US without hassles or major issues.

Now pat each other on the back for a job well done.

Are you going to do a wrap up of the trip?

Thanks! Yes, I'll do a wrap up soon. As soon as we got to Lake Union, I was running around like a crazy person trying to remove things that I planned to take with me, washing the boat down, all in time to make my flight.

Where are you keeping the boat?

Right now it is at Julie's Landing in Lake Union. I have an offer. Survey and sea trial is Thursday. Assuming all goes well, which I'd imagine it should, then not sure where the new buyer will keep it. But the new buyer is local to Seattle area.

Hope your build is going well!!!

We saw you go by us and reached out on the vhf. Your buddy boat, Conundrum, answered and said you were having radio problems. Anyways, pretty boat!

Shoot, sorry to have missed you. We had our hands full going against the fetch so it was a lumpy ride through the Strait heading for Haro. Congratulations on making the trip up and have fun washing all the salt off!

Shoot, sorry to have missed you. We had our hands full going against the fetch so it was a lumpy ride through the Strait heading for Haro. Congratulations on making the trip up and have fun washing all the salt off!

No worries, and thanks! FWIW, I think we reached out to you in Puget Sound.

I'm assuming Conundrum was your buddy boat though, as they said they'd relay the message.

And yes, definitely was lumpy in the Strait, although we were going with the grain, and not against it. :)

Here's a photo of us coming down a swell and plowing into a wave in the Strait.

IMG_5327.jpg

Right now it is at Julie's Landing in Lake Union. I have an offer. Survey and sea trial is Thursday. Assuming all goes well, which I'd imagine it should, then not sure where the new buyer will keep it. But the new buyer is local to Seattle area.

Hope your build is going well!!!

Oh, nice. I hadn't realized this trip was part of a sale. Congrats!

Build is going well. Thanks for asking. I'm long overdue for an update, but will procrastinate some more, right now.

Oh, nice. I hadn't realized this trip was part of a sale. Congrats!

Build is going well. Thanks for asking. I'm long overdue for an update, but will procrastinate some more, right now.

When it's done, let me know if you are ever in the SF Bay Area...would LOVE to see it.

As for the sale, I was planning to bring it up to Anacortes as I thought the market would be better up there, and as my plans got fully baked, an offer came in (with buyer assuming it would be coming up). So unfortunately I had to incur the moving expense...but it was a great experience so I can't be too bummed about that.

Tracking

Hello Michael.
I have the same Inreach. Your website should read
https://share.garmin/########. Looks like you made the trip before. You're last years trip is still showing. Safe traveles.

Dan
Pacific Time

Hello Michael.

I have the same Inreach. Your website should read

https://share.garmin/########. Looks like you made the trip before. You're last years trip is still showing. Safe traveles.

Dan

Pacific Time

Hi Dan, yeah, we got it working without the www like you said. It was the Captain's unit, not mine. Those were his prior trips, of which there were many! This was the first time I've done the trip. :)

By the way, if someone in the Seattle area is interested in a new RTIC 65 cooler, let me know. I'd love to offload it at a healthy discount so I don't have to ship it back to CA. It's a beast.

Back
Top Bottom