Well it's Officially Mine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wildbill

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Still the One
Vessel Make
Hatteras 42 LRC
So final monies passed yesterday and papers today, It's Officially mine. :dance: Flying down Saturday to pick the boat up in Moore Haven Florida and with the help of Captain Tom to make sure I have my crap together, bring her to New Bern NC. After many sleepless nights :banghead:and logistical nightmares':confused: it seems to be coming together. It's been years since my lobster boat days, so my learning curve despite trawler school and much reading will be 90 degrees for a while. I'm sure I'll go from mostly lurking here to leaning on the vast riches of your knowledge and experience heavily. I'm officially burned out...Covid and the new medical model have taken there toll on me....Looking forward to retirement early in 2022. Till then the boat will wait for me at Duck Creek. There is light at the end of the long and recently dark tunnel....Bill
View attachment 117363

Attachments

• 436C41F7-713B-4B1D-A8FC-F5331C6E42D7.jpeg
    436C41F7-713B-4B1D-A8FC-F5331C6E42D7.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations. That’s a sweet ride .

congratulations I used duck creek for a haul out and painting the bottom. I guess your storing on the hard. your boat is a little big for the slips there. don't forget to winterize.

Congrats on your new boat. Have lots of fun running it home.

Keeping in NC for winter, once I've retired the Admiral will stay in Maine and I'll splash the boat, do some maintenance and then in April start north for a summer in Maine, then the Loop 2023

Happy for you, congratulations! Have a safe trip north.

Congrats Bill. Fine looking vessel. Maybe I missed it, but what are the particulars on that Hat LRC?

Also, where in ME. are you? I've been a life long dual citizen of ME (and MA). Did a 26 day Outward Bound at Hurricane Island in Maine. Open boat in Sept/Oct. I must have been nuts as a youngster!

Congratulations!! You're going to have a great time getting up to speed with handling her. Keep us posted.

LOTS of interior room.
I wish you and your crew many happy hours cruising.

Congratulations. Enjoy the trip!
When I click on the Attachment link I get an error "Invalid Attachment".

Unless there is a really important reason to delay retirement by another year why not do it now! Cobra the health insurance if you are waiting for medicare. If you will have enough of everything in one year (money, house paid off, investments maturing, etc.) you must be very close now.Just do it. Even if it mean living a bit more conservatively for a couple years, just do it.

pete

"Life is what's happening while we are making plans."

I quit, after I was vested in my health care. I lived long enough to get medicare.
Granted, I did not get my full retirement pension but, mentally, it was time to move on.

nice!
I'm eager to figure my exit plan..... so count me jealous!

Your OP said something about trawler school. What did you mean by that?

I also am looking forward to seeing more and reading more about your delivery and journey through this initial process....

Sorry for the delay...Was battling a long day in the ER...I'm in north central Maine but originally from Mass., and plied the water off Beverly harbor many decades ago. She's a 42 LRC twin 4-53 Detroit's... I took a week long trawler school with Capt. Bob out of Daina beach Florida to see if I still enjoyed the water and after a tumor resection took half of my right inner ear could I tolerated living on a boat....Obviously it worked out well and the Admiral enjoyed it as well...It really kicked us in the butt to make the move..

Love the Hatt! Nice boat.

Hope that your trip to the ER was more helpful than battle-ful.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Since I work there as an Emergency med and Trauma PA it's frequently a battle, especially during Covid and when we have more patients than beds:hide:

Bill:

Thank you for the clarification and have a great cruise to New Bern aboard your new vessel!

It's been hot here in FL. When we were cruising in 2019, we utilized these two pieces of gear often, for hanging out in the cockpit during the evening hours.

Air King 9-inch fan.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/Air-King-9-I...eywords=air+king+9-inch&qid=1620361014&sr=8-3

Thermacell Backpacker.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/Thermacell-M...thermacell+mosquito+repellent,aps,191&sr=8-14

Please take lots of pictures and let us know how the trip is going. You chose a great boat & a really fun route for your first cruise.

All the best,
Mrs. Trombley

:speed boat:Well I've thought about it and have packed or ordered for pick up all I hope I need, I just added a Thermacell to the pick up order...Hopefully I brought the right handful of tools...Hours to go before the flight down...Hopefully can sleep on the way...4 nights of 5 hours of sleep between shifts has worn me out....just operating on Adrenalin

Keeping in NC for winter, once I've retired the Admiral will stay in Maine and I'll splash the boat, do some maintenance and then in April start north for a summer in Maine, then the Loop 2023
May want to postpone that 2023 Loop, there is a lock closure on the Illinois river system from 07-01-23 thru 10-31-23.

May want to postpone that 2023 Loop, there is a lock closure on the Illinois river system from 07-01-23 thru 10-31-23.

Nothing like forward thing. July 2023. hmmmm, must be one biggass crystal ball right there.

Well done! Very nice boat. Too bad about the anchors. You know they are wrong don’t you?:D

Watch for shoaling in northern SC on your way back. River Dunes Marina in NC is the best hurricane hole on the east coast. 5 stars.

Well done! Very nice boat. Too bad about the anchors. You know they are wrong don’t you?:D

Stop harassing him about anchors. I know, you want to start another anchor war. :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom