Are We Getting Invaded?' U.S. Boats Faced Russian Aggression Near Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FF, you might be interested in a few books written by Rick Campbell.
Subs, espionage and a bit of ASW etc.
I have them on Audiobook.

One question ( sorry this is stupid question reflecting my level of IQ ).
What makes you think anybody would like to invade you?

L

I guess that depends on your idea of "invade." Honestly, not many would want to actually take over the entire US. There are several countries that would like to simply destroy us. And several more that would love to "annex" portions of the more lucrative areas. For example, Russia would love to take parts of Alaska like it did Crimea (as is being alluded to in this thread). There are a number of groups that would like to see much of the south-western US become part of Mexico. It's no secret that China is expanding its control in the eastern Pacific, including territories of the US.

Perhaps a better word would be "subvert", concentrating on the economy.
No matter what the Feds do, we will always have poor people.
No one worried about the coal workers...... They were just 'there', working hard, barely raising a family and dying as a result of mining coal.
Now, folks want everyone to make good money by 'income leveling'. You know the deal, take from the rich and give to the poor until the rich run out of money. Then we will have true equality... everyone will be poor except the those elected to the 'imperial govt.'
Where is the reward for working hard, saving and investing.....
Sorry. I will shut up now but, don't poke the lion with a stick. He just might get upset.

Greetings,
Mr. NW. To answer BOTH your questions as "What is best for..." The answer is education. Educated peoples are better able to work toward bettering the economy and bettering themselves.

4-14-08taxf.png

Is 2% enough? I don't think so.

Graph from: https://www.cbpp.org/most-of-budget-goes-toward-defense-social-security-and-major-health-programs-2

I wrote a posting and then thought it was too political/social after reading the “guidelines”,

Disappointed that it was even off limits even on harbor chat.
Maybe there were problems in the past.

My post was not argumentative or abrasive and I was looking fwd to a discussion but it appears maybe we’re not mature enough.

RT thanks for the chart.
I’m appalled by the blue slice.
Ultra important things and it looks like we’re dropping the ball BIG TIME.

What’s “marketplace subsidies” ?

Last edited:
Federal Retirees only 8%??? I need a pay raise....

Thoughts on Thanksgiving:
There is no good reason for the world's richest country allowing it's citizens
to die of starvation and exposure on the streets due to mental illness or addiction.
That is a third world problem and should not be tolerated here.
This situation has arisen during most of our lifetimes.
Other capitalist countries are managing the homeless far, far better than we are.

There is no good reason for U.S. citizens to avoid seeking medical treatment due to
financial considerations. Also a third world problem and should not be tolerated here.
This situation has arisen during most of our lifetimes.
Other capitalist countries are managing health care far, far better than we are.

I am thankful that these problems have not been visited on me but I fear for my kids.

In a society where a big chunk of local taxes go to education, what part of a federal budget is necessary to shore it up?

There's always a bigger picture that never seems to find its way into TF snapshots or soundbites.

Greetings,
Mr. ps. You are absolutely correct. My apologies. Wasn't thinking...duh! I suppose the impression I have, for some reason, is that there are an awful lot of seemingly uneducated people around.

Greetings,
Mr. ps. You are absolutely correct. My apologies. Wasn't thinking...duh! I suppose the impression I have, for some reason, is that there are an awful lot of seemingly uneducated people around.

I believe the education system is broke...all the way to and possibly past college level...but the amount and who should fund it can only be figured out when a decent plan to fix it is developed.

Greetings,

I don't need civics, history, math or English. I'm gonna grow up to be a basketball player or a football player or a baseball player and make lots of money.

As a forester, I did some classroom teaching time.
I can tell you, some folks just don't want to learn or cannot learn the basics.
I threw one guy out of the classroom for disrupting the class.

To be a management forester, people to perform the traditional skills and have to be able to use computers and write some code too.
No longer is it just a walk in the woods, counting trees.

Back
Top Bottom