Waste outlet cap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Dread Pirate Robert

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Blessing
Vessel Make
Jefferson 42
My waste cap slipped out of my hands and rolled overboard before I could grab it. I have a Jefferson 42 sundeck. Made it Taiwan. I have tried the standard caps sold at marinas and on line that measure 1.75” and 2.00”. Neither fits.
I am thinking it may be a metric size 50 mm.
Does anyone know of a source for a replacement or will I need to switch out the housing and the cap to a USA standard?

Do you have a picture from before you lost the cap? Do you remember if there was a name on the cap? If it was ”Vetus” you’ll be in luck.

I removed mine from my 1987 Jefferson 42. Cap measures 50 mm, threads 45 mm. No name on cap. It looks like it is the same size as the fuel and water caps.

Attachments

• Waste Cap Top 50 mm.jpg
    Waste Cap Top 50 mm.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Waste Cap Bottom 45 mm.jpg
    Waste Cap Bottom 45 mm.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 29
If you can't find one you may have to replace the deck fitting. But I'd do a thorough search first. Make sure it is water tight on the deck for now so you don't get any water leaking through. Good luck on your search.

Just a warning. If yours is like mine, the hose is larger than any standard deck fittings so you will need an adapter or change the hose. Second, the fitting covers a larger area than the standard ones I could find, so when you replace the factory fitting you will have a ring around the new one unless you paint the deck.

And mine is attached with 5200 or similar. I went to a machine shop and had one made, faster and easier.

It's Taiwanese boatyard size

The chances of finding an exact match threaded cap are pretty slim if it's a metal cap. From my experience all I can find out is that boat builders in Taiwan make their own fittings in-house at the Boatyard . Unfortunately they do not match up to any threads I have been able to find . deck fittings,thruhulls, vent fitings ,so I call them Taiwanese size. standard threads work but they will fit loose and leak. other than that you need to have it made, or Maybe get a hold of Taiwanese Builder to supply you with the part
Easiest thing to do is to take the deck thinning out put in a local that fitting from your local Marine store Titan the hose clamp down tight with a ratchet on clamp ,hose maybe a little big

If you replace the fitting then I would build up the deck so that water washing down the deck will not get into the fitting as easily. I would buy a small piece of G10 fiberglass 1/2” thick. Drill a hole in the middle for the fuel fill fitting and cut the G10 about an inch wider on each side. Then epoxy with thickened epoxy to the deck where the fitting goes. Install the new fitting into the G10. Then water will have to be 1/2” deep before it can get into the new fitting.

The above solution would probably solve 1/2 the water in the fuel box peoblems.

Taper the outside of the new raising ring , so it is less of a toe stubber.

Starting point determine the thread type and size. Likely a version of BST. With other measurements may want to hit a few chandleries

The above solution would probably solve 1/2 the water in the fuel box peoblems.

Taper the outside of the new raising ring , so it is less of a toe stubber.

I would route it with a round over bit.

Back
Top Bottom