Want To Say Hi.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capn Chuck

Guru
Let me introduce us. I am Chuck* and Susan is my wife of 18 years. We lived aboard and extensively cruised our Mariner 40 Ketch Sea Trek for 17 years. A lot of that is chronicled on our posted sites. We have put tens of thousands of mile under that keel until we recently made the decision to sell her. Some folks may know us through some of our writings in Soundings Magazine, Good Old Boat, Sail, Blue Water Sailing and Southern Boating, although we have not published with Southern for a while. Believe it or not, all of the island and all of the beaches were starting to look the same. We need a new perspective on our cruising. It broke our hearts to sell Sea Trek but we are almost over it and working hard on Beach House our new to us
*Marine Trader 34. Our future cruising plans will be a return to the Bahamas after an 8 year absence, then if all goes well and the body holds together we would like to do the loop. We are MTOA members and post on the T&T board and came here to learn all we can about this trawler thing. I am a marine service tech and have been for 35 years. I have 50 years boating experience and Susan about 30. Susan is a social worker, what can I say, I still love her. we are currently in South Carolina outfitting the boat and if anyone passes through Beaufort stop and say hi. I think that about cover is. Safe voyaging to all. Chuck

Welcome aboard Chuck. Stick around. We'd love to have your expertise. There is another thread about engines that I would love to hear your opinion on. Again, welcome aboard!!!!

Thanks John but engines are just OK for me. My experience is mostly electrical, electronics and systems. But I do know a bit about the rusty beasts. BTW, we were in Watergate for 2 years. Just came back to the east coast.

-- Edited by Capn Chuck at 18:32, 2009-01-20

Welcome aboard! Baker forgot to mention that knowledge is not necessary to offer an opinion......Previous posts can prove that!! (Sorry- just my weak attempt at humor). We look forward to your talents in the fields you mentioned. Awsome looking vessel you have there.Steve

Sorry I missed y'all, Chuck!!!

And Sloby, it's all emotional!!!

Welcome over here, Chuck and Susan. I think you'll find this board a lot more functional than a mail list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom