Wake pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Full displacement, hard chine.

Above, running at WOT 1500 RPM around 8 knots.

Below, running aroung 1100 RPM around 6ish knots.

Attachments

• DSC03955.jpg
    DSC03955.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00291 (1).jpg
    DSC00291 (1).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 30
test

Like this?
star-029.jpg

I was taught, the deeper the wake, the harder the boat is working, the deeper the hole it's digging. If you are pushing $ out the smoke stack to get extra speed, look your wake. Do you have bunch of white water from cavitation? And big triple humps for wakes?

So far, my 68 year old double ender has shown no cavitation, and almost no wake at 8-9 knots. I'm blown away, I've driven plenty of square sterned fishing boats from 100' to 130' and never seen a hull slip though the water as quietly as this.

A few bubbles from the bow wave.

IMG_0998.jpg

here is a drone video underway - probably around 7 knts or so.

here is a drone video underway - probably around 7 knts or so.

Oh man that’s so nice! I have a little dji Spark drone that is supposed to have a circle function that would give me a video like that, but I’ve not been able to figure it out yet.

Oh man that’s so nice! I have a little dji Spark drone that is supposed to have a circle function that would give me a video like that, but I’ve not been able to figure it out yet.

C-Dude, there are TONS of youtube videos showing how to do all kinds of things with the Spark. DJI forum/website also has a lot of how-to's. Well worth the time!

Le Rhône 2019

Attachments

• LeRhone.jpg
    LeRhone.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 25
I can't take any credit for the drone work.
A good pal is the pilot of this video.
He also is the drone pilot for a fire dept drone(imagine $$$ for a 3' drone) and has had extensive training.

golfe du Lion

Attachments

• Leon.jpg
    Leon.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 29
7 knots coming across Lake Ontario.
40 ft Mainship, prop 26x19

Attachments

• Wake.jpg
    Wake.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 23
Boat wake pics

Nice post turnout. My thought is why we are looking at wake pics? What does it mean? What is good and what is bad and why. I don’t get it

...and I pick you ��

My favorite wake pic. We were moving down the lake at about 18 knots on a night with a full moon and ZERO wind. I had just received the best pocket camera on earth(Sony RX100). While I did not squeeze the shutter on this pic, I could see the composition of it and told my buddy to go down and see if he could get a good pic.

As it relates to the wake, I always thought that Carver 356(Voyager 370 has exact same hull) had the sweetest hull as the wake was absolutely perfect on plane. Coupled with the Cummins 330B engines, it was a match made in heaven. I would burn about 15gph at 18 knots. My Current boat has underwater exhaust so the wake is never that pretty.

Attachments

• DB7FD235-05B4-491B-AC51-8028E511A849.jpeg
    DB7FD235-05B4-491B-AC51-8028E511A849.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 32

Meridian 411 doing 22 knots in Galveston Bay

Last edited:
My favorite wake pic. We were moving down the lake at about 18 knots on a night with a full moon and ZERO wind. I had just received the best pocket camera on earth(Sony RX100). While I did not squeeze the shutter on this pic, I could see the composition of it and told my buddy to go down and see if he could get a good pic.

As it relates to the wake, I always thought that Carver 356(Voyager 370 has exact same hull) had the sweetest hull as the wake was absolutely perfect on plane. Coupled with the Cummins 330B engines, it was a match made in heaven. I would burn about 15gph at 18 knots. My Current boat has underwater exhaust so the wake is never that pretty.

Wow. What an awesome shot.

This is about at 22 knots which is typical cruising speed for us if we want to get somewhere in a reasonable amount of time.

It was a cold day when this picture was taken as you can tell from the look of the guest we had onboard.

Attachments

• Bernie on the boat.jpg
    Bernie on the boat.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
This is about at 22 knots which is typical cruising speed for us if we want to get somewhere in a reasonable amount of time.

It was a cold day when this picture was taken as you can tell from the look of the guest we had onboard.
How do you know Bernie Sanders?

Photo Shop!

How do you know Bernie Sanders?

This pic has gone viral here in the states. People have photoshopped him in all different kinds of pictures. That was Bernie on Inauguration Day.

Before we go off in any direction, this is a really great thread so let's stay on topic!

Cruising LI Sound. Just got launched and on my way to my summer slip. I leave the mast down so I don't have to wait for the Old Lyme RR bridge to open.

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom