USCG Documentation service working great !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Sea Fever
Vessel Make
Defever 49 RPH
Submitted a renewal my USCG documentation (on line) on January 6th, received in the mail on January 11. Could not possibly be any faster than that.

Same here, applied Monday, arrived yesterday. I guess the 'puters and printers aren't on shutdowm!

Yup
Same here

Nice reminder

Received the "notice" from the pseudo official USCG documentation service to renew my documentation for a "small" fee, and actually remembered the thread that it was a scam. Went on line and renewed in about one minute for the official "$26 fee. Apparently the computers are working during shutdown.

Thanks Russell Clifton...we received our notice this week...your news is what I wanted to hear.

I did mine in late December and it took less than a week.

The site indicates: "NOTICE: Due to the lapse in federal funding, this website will not be actively managed. This website was last updated on December 21, 2018 and will not be updated until after funding is enacted. As such, information on this website may not be up to date. Transactions submitted via this website might not be processed and we will not be able to respond to inquiries until after appropriations are enacted."

Yes, but they did process mine during the shutdown. Maybe if there is any question it won’t get processed until a person reviews it.

I went online last week and processed my 2019 DTOPS decal and when it went into my on-line cart it said it was a 2020 decal, not a 2019 decal! I didn't go through with the purchase but sent an inquiry to the DTOPS folks asking why I was getting a 2020 decal. No response.

So today I just went ahead and paid my on-line cart. If I end up with an "0" decal sticker I will show anyone questioning it my receipt and they can sort the mess out!

So...I ordered mine online last Monday, and it was in the PO Box this morning (we don’t check it every day).

I mailed my renewal in Saturday.

Does anyone know if they are manning phones?
I lost my sign in info and act was locked.

Does anyone know if they are manning phones?
I lost my sign in info and act was locked.

I believe there is an automatic password reset so long as you know the email you used.

Are you guys just renewing or doing a change of ownership?

I'm doing a change of ownership and they processed my credit card in November but no Document yet!
G

That’s what I’m afraid of. Not sure if I should wait or not. I tried to delete documentation back in November and can’t even do that.

That’s what I’m afraid of. Not sure if I should wait or not. I tried to delete documentation back in November and can’t even do that.

Steve,

We are doing the owner ship change, we sent forms in during the middle part of December. We have nothing yet.

I think anything that requires handson processing will be delayed more than normal. Name changes and transfers can take 3-6 months even when everyone is working. Online renewals seem to go fast, so probably automated. Mailing it in will likely take longer

We just got our renewal documentation in the mail 4 business days after submitting online!

When we did the change of ownership, it took about six months to find out there was a problem with the bill of sale and another four months to get the actual documentation. That was back in 2015.

Finally got this years renewal. Paid for renewal last Oct. Just got it today.
Was the USPS affected by the govt. shutdown also?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom