Update for MIA Belizebill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

belizebill

Vessel Name
Irish Miss
Vessel Make
36' Marine Trader, D C
OK ,Been boat shopping in Fla. for ten days and now in Texas doinng the same.THE boat that picked me has a lot of issues, more than I want to deal with unless they will come down 20K. Possible ,but, now looking in Texas at several. Have some appointments tommorow. Have to go back to Belize for a couple days and then back to the States on the 6th of March and start again. Cheers everybody. Capt. Bill

Capn' Bill,Clear Lake Texas has lots and lots of boats. We purchased from Jay Bettis Yachts several years back. Might want to give them a try.

There's a nice Hershine 43' for sale in Kemah, TX**** YW

Hey Bud,went on board the Hershine today,every thing about the boat was great but the teak decks . They have not been kept up for years and cant really be repaired economicly ,they must be removed. BB

belizebill wrote:

Hey Bud,went on board the Hershine today,every thing about the boat was great but the teak decks . They have not been kept up for years and cant really be repaired economicly ,they must be removed. BB
Yeah, I saw that.* I usually put*boats with teak decks at he bottom of my list, this one,*however, looked pretty nice, although you can't really see the condition of the decks in the photos.**It*would think*that with those hundreds of*screws, some of them have got to*come loose when the deck flexes and water's gonna eventually get in somewhere.
If, however, by some chance, the sub deck is not water logged, it might be worth*low balling an offer with the*teak removal as*bargaining leverage.* May not be worth the hassle though.* I posted an inquiry about*teak decks on*older boats*not too long ago, didn't get much of*a response, though.*
I'm surprised you didn't find anything in Fla.*I'm planning to start my dock walk in August in Fla.*If*you don't mind, I would like to cross reference boats on my list with ones you've already checked out. It might save me*a trip to a particular broker.
Good*hunting.***** KJ****

I did find several in Fla. and Im going back on the 6th of March. I have to go back to Belize on the* 2nd take care of some biss,drop the wife and the dog off and then fly back to Fla. alone. LOL I bought a one way ticket back to Fla.

So, no luck in TX so far?*
Here's some grease on the fire, are you looking for a single or a twin?**** KJ

-- Edited by KJ on Monday 28th of February 2011 12:02:47 AM

I can work with either, single or twin, Its more about condition for me. Twin 50hp would be cool as far as Im concerned. BB

belizebill wrote:

*I bought a one way ticket back to Fla.
Geez man, talk about flippin' out the security people.
That's gotta be number one or two on their jihadist profile menu.*Did they like, do a full body cavity search?*** KJ

how do you go about repairing and or replacing a leaking teak deck. Any write ups for that process that I can lay my hands on?
Peter

sunvale1 wrote:
how do you go about repairing and or replacing a leaking teak deck. Any write ups for that process that I can lay my hands on?
Peter
*There is a pretty informative thread on this subject currently being discussed under "Old boats and teak decks".* You should find some helpful info there.* KJ

-- Edited by KJ on Tuesday 6th of September 2011 10:40:13 PM

"how do you go about repairing and or replacing a leaking teak deck"

Tons in the archives on this board.Just look.

Plan on tossing the teak, far to costly to replace it.

If you find a boat where the "chinese composite" (plywood with a slather of glass over) is still structural , its fast and cheap, to add a few layers of GRP .

If the deck is soft , and you wish to go in blue , not brown water the cure is more costly in materials and labor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom