UPDATE - Lemon-aid R 27 Ranger Tug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missed the point, which was IF he had NOT done all the things he has done but instead admitted he screwed up and had stretched to his limit to buy the boat I'd be happy to contribute to its repair. I can spare $100 after all.

If none of those things are true and he's rich and can easily afford it then I wouldn't.

It's hard to imagine that someone who could easily afford to repair the boat would go to all this trouble but anything is possible I guess.

Didn’t miss your point at all. My point, folks are free to give away money to whomever for whatever but, I personally don’t donate money to people to pay for their expensive toys. But that’s me. I was raised to be self reliant and not sponge off others. If I was stretched thin to pay for a hobby I couldn’t afford, I’d get a loan or another job, not go begging.

I suspect it was how it was blocked for transport. Sitting on the hard only relies on gravity. Loaded on a truck the vessel is is strapped down, and there's significantly more force between the blocks and the hull both from reefing down the load and the stresses of hi-speed travel.

The first time I had a sailboat transported (by a company that specializes in such), it was lucky I was there. The trucker first was going to use the winches to reef down the straps on, and then proceeded to try the fairleads. Neither would have had a prayer of withstanding the forces.

He also put a strap over a wooden toerail with no block to keep the stress off the toerail, and then started ratcheting down on the boat straps like it was a skidsteer and chains.

I stopped all these things and we talked. Turns out he was a new hire who did, in fact, transport heavy equipment prior to this. We worked out a plan together for how to secure the boat. All went well, the boat arrived in fine shape (I followed his truck as it happened), and we had a friendly dinner before he headed to his next load.

But what if I hadn't been there? What if I didn't know these things? Or hadn't stepped in? I shudder to think. Then throw in a relatively lightly built boat....

I'll put you down as a definite no to my completely hypothetical scenario.

Let's all face one thing. The OP has only come here for one purpose, to publicly attack a builder and a dealer. Nothing more, nothing less. Not seeking advice. Hates when it's given. Just an attention seeker for his cause. Trying to direct traffic to his web site. Trying to make up for the fact he can't post on the builder's site, having been kicked off. He wasn't a member here before, won't be after, and has contributed nothing else to this forum.

His first post here was in October and was to start a thread about his boat. He's since started several other threads about his boat and it's problems. Even his Christmas card was to show his boat in a negative light and to show his web address. He talks in January about "I will be waiting for summer 2021 --- LEMON AID , the 2018 R27 Ranger Tug will be plying the waters of the Great Lakes and Lake Simcoe in search of boat shows and events." Trolling boat shows just to try to hurt Ranger Tug. I'm amazed they haven't gotten a cease and desist order against him. Clearly he won't make the summer's shows. Two more threads about his boat in April and now this one in August. I'm sure once it fades away, he'll come back with another.

So far, all he's done is used the forum as his tool. Virtually no posts on any other topic. There are people who have had very legitimate, easy to prove problems with builders and those deserve our support here. Those same people were previously members in most cases and have posted on many other topics. They used the forum to inform but not to lead personal crusades. I have no doubt Ranger Tugs has had some problems, but no doubt they have a huge majority of happy buyers and users and great popularity. I may be the hardest person here on pointing out unscrupulous builders having posted about Marlow, Northern, TT-35's, and would post about many others if relevant to the forum (Trinity before they fell, several European yacht builders) and about dealers and brokers (Obey and the Sunseeker fiasco with him and other brokers arrested over time). However, this forum isn't here to be used simply for one man's rants and unproven accusations.

He's been asked so many times what he expects and what he expects here. He clearly doesn't want advice or any opposing opinions and will never accept responsibility for his failures to do things properly. So, until he gets tired, I guess all we can do is continue to call him out. He started the discussion, just doesn't like the way it is going. That's what often happens on a discussion forum. I've had hundreds of posts criticized. That's life. I do wish if he can't take the heat, he'd leave our kitchen. Until then, guess we'll keep up the good fight.

All you guys must be glued to your computer , enjoy the summer while it's here . Some of the questions ---- The first hull sample ( which was sent out early July 2021) results came back July 20 th 2021 . It was hard finding a company to do the testing in Ontario . These results are for the lawyers . The second cut out was last week ( the new video ) . The lab has it now , results hopefully August 13 th or soon after . Then there will be a discussion between my Lawyer , the dealer and Manufacturer . Yes , I am holding the cards close to my chest ....

You can have your fun , but until the Lab results are in , we will just have to wait .

After all , i am told " I have a lack of Fundamental understanding '' Did i every mention I built a 30 ft and a 20 ft boat from scratch ? ( mind you , steel and aluminum ) see ranger tug truth facebook

The first hull sample results came back July 20 th 2021 .

You can have your fun , but until the Lab results are in , we will just have to wait .

Your posts and videos about waiting until the lab results are in have piqued my interest (and probably many others).

I'm not sure I understand this post. "The first results are in," but "we will just have to wait until the results are in." :confused:

What are they?

(I understand wanting to keep everything private - I would. But you are posting publicly about "just wait till the results are in," which makes it seem like you want people to know about them. And now of course we are curious.)

Hydraulic trailer was mentioned for both move evolutions. Bad news for a thin skinned boat. Way too easy to over load an area with a pad lift design. My money is either there, or on the first owner's tram lift. Boat manufacturers should be issuing clear guidelines as to how to handle their boats on the hard. Yard workers don't have a clue as to what's behind the boat skin, and are not about to stop and take a look. I've been harping on ABYC to issue guidance in this regrd and actually sent them some draft advisory material. BTW, the 39 Sea Ray next to us suffered similar damage due to a yard handling screw up.

If you go back to his timeline, the boat was moved from the previous owners dock to the dealer's dock by water, not by trailer. It's only about a mile away according the the account.

Water was first observed when the trailer company arrived to pickup the boat to take it to the new owners location. This is where the dealer was observed mopping water out of the v berth. So the damage presumably happened BEFORE the boat went on the trailer.

In short, the boat was either damaged

1) under the previous owner's tenure, and was traded in in damaged condition, or

2) While owned by the dealer and before the new owner took ownership, or

3) After the new owner took ownership, but while it was still in the care of the dealer.

If (1) or (2) then shame on the dealer for selling such a boat, and shame on the buyer for failing to inspect/survey. He was a sucker, and was taken as one.

If (3), it's a legitimate insurance claim.

Since there is no way to prove when it happened, he can't claim insurance, or perhaps has already been denied by the insurance company.

Your posts and videos about waiting until the lab results are in have piqued my interest (and probably many others).

I'm not sure I understand this post. "The first results are in," but "we will just have to wait until the results are in." :confused:

What are they?

(I understand wanting to keep everything private - I would. But you are posting publicly about "just wait till the results are in," which makes it seem like you want people to know about them. And now of course we are curious.)

Yes I have the first results , when the second results are in , myself and my Lawyer will have a discussion on the results with the factory and dealer , FIRST . Then we will see where it goes .

Yes I have the first results , when the second results are in , myself and my Lawyer will have a discussion on the results with the factory and dealer , FIRST . Then we will see where it goes .

and when the THIRD results are in I'll have a very serious discussion with my second lawyer...

I just found this video which explains the side cracks, look at the way it is blocked, one keel block and 4 side supports at back end. Video is showing a crack in the keel, about where a sling would go. I did not see this video in this thread.

He states in the video that the damage is from blocking but the actual occurrence is unknown. Very hard to prove that the manufacturer had anything to do with it (reasonable doubt). He does say that there are no marks which means it wasn't a collision with something. However, I would expect that blocking or slinging would leave some sort of evidence even if it is slight (gelcoat scratches). Dropping the boat should have left marks on the gelcoat at the point of impact.

Looking at the cracks, it looks like a fairly simple repair (although you can see if there is any additional internal damage).

If you go back to his timeline, the boat was moved from the previous owners dock to the dealer's dock by water, not by trailer. It's only about a mile away according the the account.

Water was first observed when the trailer company arrived to pickup the boat to take it to the new owners location. This is where the dealer was observed mopping water out of the v berth. So the damage presumably happened BEFORE the boat went on the trailer.

In short, the boat was either damaged

1) under the previous owner's tenure, and was traded in in damaged condition, or

2) While owned by the dealer and before the new owner took ownership, or

3) After the new owner took ownership, but while it was still in the care of the dealer.

If (1) or (2) then shame on the dealer for selling such a boat, and shame on the buyer for failing to inspect/survey. He was a sucker, and was taken as one.

If (3), it's a legitimate insurance claim.

Since there is no way to prove when it happened, he can't claim insurance, or perhaps has already been denied by the insurance company.

Twisted Tree , you have most of that correct ( but it is possible it had hairline cracks from shipping from the plant or at the dealership before the 1 st owner took delivery )

One correction is the dealer delivered the boat by water to the first owner , Lake Simcoe to Georgian Bay ( 3 hrs running time ? ) . The one mile trip was from the 1 st owners boat house to the sister marina / outlet , 1 mile away . That is where the boat ramp was . I did the watertest there , and was told a lift was not available to have a quick look underneath . They said they would give the boat a once over , before shipping . As you know , bad idea for me to accept that . Keep in mind they sold my old Ranger , and knew them well , had a few beers with them at the Ranger Rendezvous .

Presumably is a dangerous word. We don't know if that water was from the crack or not or if the crack existed. One simple inspection and we would have know. The boat may have had water from sitting, then been cracked subsequently.

Now could have been cracked before. Could have been reason for prior owners selling. Note the dealer/broker never actually took physical (don't know about legal) possession of the boat for more than the trip to the dock. Only came in and went back out.

It's all assumptions and he said. May be that everything the OP believes is true, one or the other of his theories. Doesn't really matter as he's not going to collect as he'll never be able to prove anyone's liability to him and meanwhile the boat sits and every time he posts the sound you hear is it's value dropping.

Twisted Tree , you have most of that correct ( but it is possible it had hairline cracks from shipping from the plant or at the dealership before the 1 st owner took delivery )

One correction is the dealer delivered the boat by water to the first owner , Lake Simcoe to Georgian Bay ( 3 hrs running time ? ) . The one mile trip was from the 1 st owners boat house to the sister marina / outlet , 1 mile away . That is where the boat ramp was . I did the watertest there , and was told a lift was not available to have a quick look underneath . They said they would give the boat a once over , before shipping . As you know , bad idea for me to accept that . Keep in mind they sold my old Ranger , and knew them well , had a few beers with them at the Ranger Rendezvous .
The plot thickens. This was your 2nd Ranger. You trusted the crew at the ramp to inspect while loading.
The first owner sold after 28 days ownership.
Anything else?

The plot thickens. This was your 2nd Ranger. You trusted the crew at the ramp to inspect while loading.
The first owner sold after 28 days ownership.
Anything else?

Where did this 28 days come from ?????? The first owner had the boat for appox. 18 months ( 25 hours run time )

Goodnight , I 've had all the fun I can take for today .....

We can all play tomorrow ....

TODD had it right - my forehead is sore ....

Where did this 28 days come from ?????? The first owner had the boat for appox. 18 months ( 25 hours run time )

Goodnight , I 've had all the fun I can take for today .....

We can all play tomorrow ....

TODD had it right - my forehead is sore ....
Stand corrected 25 hours. 5 or 8 look the same. :D

As TF is not the appropriate place to air specific grievances, this thread is closed pending possible further measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom