The Ultimate Anchor- The Last Anchor Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopCar

Guru
Vessel Name
Possum
Vessel Make
Ellis 28

Attachments

• 7DC04138-FD94-44F0-9910-765B7D249178.jpeg
    7DC04138-FD94-44F0-9910-765B7D249178.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 56
not a bad lunch hook, eh?

The Hieroglyphics says. "use this with a bridle to prevent swinging back and forth and keep the pointed end of the boat into the wind. Don't forget to put a dip in the chain" :D

The Hieroglyphics says. "use this with a bridle to prevent swinging back and forth and keep the pointed end of the boat into the wind. Don't forget to put a dip in the chain" :D

No, that's not what it says. And since this is a family forum I won't tell you what it does say, but I can tell you that the fish will be offended. :D:D:D

No, that's not what it says. And since this is a family forum I won't tell you what it does say, but I can tell you that the fish will be offended. :D:D:D

You guys need to brush up on your Hieroglyphics, it clearly says "Bruce".

Smiles

This anchor is so good it stayed where it was set 3400 years ago, the boat on the other end rotted & sank!

I want a set of eyes on my anchor, like a Greek galley. Maybe then it will see where it's going when I drop it.

Earliest known example of a roll-bar anchor. Way ahead of their time, those Egyptians.

Attachments

• 49C1202D-62B2-4CF8-A0CE-6D60AB7B077D.jpeg
    49C1202D-62B2-4CF8-A0CE-6D60AB7B077D.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 42
I mean... The Pyramids haven't dragged in like... years... this thing must be good.

Yeah but when the wind shifts the camels’ rodes get wrapped around those pesky pyramids

The inscription says: "Drop this in the water, let out the rode, pour yourself a drink".

You lot don't have a clue. Those writings clearly refer to a CQR anchor.

Craft of Queen Ramses.

Last edited:
Ya got it wrong. That's not an anchor!

Ancient anchors with holes were rather round and/or deformed ugly pieces of stones.

Pretty looking, thick flat, engraved stones with holes were discussion worthy fenders to hang off the sides of ancient wood boats. Wealthy boat owners had the best looking fenders!

If you look closely you'll recognize the hieroglyphics on this fender says/shows the following recommendation: Hang one fender at center and one toward rear on each side of hull.

The reason it’s flat is to present a maximum surface area to the seafloor to have higher resistance to dragging and thus higher holding power in the Nile River anchor tests.

The hieroglyphics appear sharp edged and well defined for having been underwater in sand for 3,400 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom