Ugly Boats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did your company convert the Victory/ j Kuber? I worked on Victory in early '80's for 7 years.

The owners before us did the conversion. They turned that lower pilothouse into cabins for the first and second mate. I've never been aboard that one.

This one passed us a few years back and it was pretty shocking to the eye - mainly because of the color scheme and patio furniture! It is a Great Harbour 47, made in Gainesville FL.

What I don't get about the 47 is that is has a displacement of 70,000 pounds but only draws 2' 10"?

Attachments

• P1011056.jpg
    P1011056.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 80
What I don't get about the 47 is that is has a displacement of 70,000 pounds but only draws 2' 10"?

Yup. You'd understand if you saw it out of the water. We had a GH 42 in our marina's yard for a few winters.

IMO the N37 and N47 would look much better and be more practical if they would have added a raised pilothouse. Plenty of foredeck so it would look more balanced and would have given a larger salon area. But what do I know....

IMO the N37 and N47 would look much better and be more practical if they would have added a raised pilothouse. Plenty of foredeck so it would look more balanced and would have given a larger salon area. But what do I know....

As I understand it the original Great Harbour N37 was designed to get its owners to South America, then go exploring up the Amazon...so shallow draft probably trumped too much weight up high.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom