U S Battery experinces?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
All,
Anyone had an experience with using U S Battery (www.usbattery.com) in their boats?
They boast the best deep cycle battery.

I'm considering as some of the other suppliers are low or out of supply.

My house bank is 4 of the US2200 6V batteries, new March '021. Would buy them again.

Only issue was the terminal style I wanted was not available and I had to rearrange a couple of cables, no big deal. Ask your dealer what terminal style they stock.

I originally had US Batts. Golf cart guy highly recommended them and the price was right.

Cant say they were better than other brands, but certainly equal when I had them.

I have 6 of the 2200's for my bank. They've done well over the past 2 years. They were also recommended to me by our local battery shop.

All,
Anyone had an experience with using U S Battery (www.usbattery.com) in their boats?
They boast the best deep cycle battery.

I'm considering as some of the other suppliers are low or out of supply.

Yeah supply can be a big issue lately. I use DEKA mainly so all batts are on the same charging profile, Costco & Lowes (Duracell/Deka) had no availability of GC2’s or GC1’s. Fortunately, NAPA had them at only a modest price premium. I think all the major battery manufacturers are essentially equivalent. But compare on weight (Pb) and don’t mix brands unless you confirm that their charging profiles are the same. From my previous research, charging profiles for Trojan, US battery & DEKA, are all different, and warranted custom charging profiles from my charger.

I installed eight US Batt 305 AGMs in 2015. They’re 312 AH per pair for a total house bank of 1,248. Used for floor polishers etc, they are true deep-cycle with a footprint similar to an L16, but a few inches shorter. They are still going strong, although they’ve never been discharged below 80 percent. Can’t say they’re the “best” but I’ve been very pleased.

Attachments

• 3531A332-4DB0-46A5-8FCC-1A739647414E.jpg
    3531A332-4DB0-46A5-8FCC-1A739647414E.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 15
Appreciate the replies.

Considering the Lifepo4, but came across the US Battery AGMs from a friend that put them in his boat. I like the Lifepo4s, but the cost will be roughly 2.5 times the US Battery for the same AH.

What would you put in?

Plan on keeping the boat for a long time (perhaps 10 to 15 years), so the Lithpo4s look attractive for that, but if the US Batts gave me 4 years or better, I'd probably change batteries 3 times while I have this boat.

Keep in mind the usable Ah from FLA or AGMs are much less than LFP - around half I believe. So if for the same usable Ah it's only 25% more expensive, I'd go with good LFP as it could well last the 10-15 years and deliver superior performance with less degradation.

but.... make sure your charging system is compatible (externally regulated alternators, chargers/regulators which can be programmed to properly charge LFP). If not you'll have additional significant expense.

Back
Top Bottom